Using Console to Change NPC Appearance?

thebeast505

Oh dear, I did the steps and managed to change curie's hair and makeup which I was very pleased initially..

After a few hours of questing with her she suddenly turned invisible, I can still talk to her but she's just completely invisible. Tried reloading earlier saves and restart my game but she's still invisible. Oh noooooo.. Gonna try verifying my game cache XD

*update*

Verifying didn't help but I managed to fix it by using recycleactor command. But that reset my affinity with curie so I had to use modav ca_affinity to get it back to where it was initially xD

Hopefully this helps anyone with the invisible problem-

Damn. She looks really cute. Nice work. :smile:

P.S. When I try to edit Curie (her base by spawning it in and modifying that), her face resets and her skin becomes gray. Any tips? :<

• 1 month later...

Thanks Seracen.

If you want to go back after messing up with your model, try to load a savegame.

For the explanations :

tfc 1 = freeze animations

slm means showlooksmenu = edit target's appearance

Edited by Alano69

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest not missing with this, it's bad voodoo. I tried it just now and obviously got something wrong (although I'll be damned if I know what), and it took away my player character's ability to fire weapons, which took a lot of fixing.

Edited by Dan McNinja

I think it's not possible to change just her hair. When I try this, her face changes as soon as I change the hair. In fact, it changes to the face in the screenshots of this mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2320/?

I'm not sure if it's completely different texture, or a completely different face. Kind of looks like a completely different face to me.

So I guess it's not possible to change just her hair, while keeping her face. Not in the console, and not in a mod, at least not until GECK comes out.

Looks like this option is only a good one if you plan to completely remake her face.

• 3 weeks later...

Say, does anyone now how to make this work on Scribe Haylen, Desdemona, Glory, or Proctor Ingram? When ever you spawn in a duplicate version of them, type tai, "slm ff00###," and try to edit them in any way, it won't work. Does anyone know a way around this? Obviously I desire to edit npcs exclusively with the console, no .esps.

• 1 month later...