Konahriik666

There are many house mods that have you display your Elder Scrolls, including my own mod Tel Nalta II.

BUT, dropping those elder scrolls (or black books) into those displays can often times break quests because those books are quest items and should not be removed from your inventory, and since most if not all of those house mods do not have any precautions to prevent the display from grabbing those quest items and putting them onto the display, quests often times go broken since they still require those quest items.

A quest item that gets removed from your inventory is no longer considered to be a quest item, and so the quest will not recognize it anymore.

The only way to safely store elder scrolls or black books is when you are done with all those quests, meaning you wouldn't need any of those books anymore.

And for this reason I set a pre-requirement on Tel Nalta II where the player can not build those two specific displays until he has advanced through certain quests, this is done to prevent any quests from getting bugged.

Other house mods put that responsibility in your hands, if you decide to put a quest item in their displays and the quest gets broken then its your fault.

Me on the other hand, I took that responsibility for myself and implement measures to prevent this from happening in the first place.

Either way, be careful with those elder scrolls and black books.

There are many house mods that have you display your Elder Scrolls, including my own mod Tel Nalta II.

BUT, dropping those elder scrolls (or black books) into those displays can often times break quests because those books are quest items and should not be removed from your inventory, and since most if not all of those house mods do not have any precautions to prevent the display from grabbing those quest items and putting them onto the display, quests often times go broken since they still require those quest items.

A quest item that gets removed from your inventory is no longer considered to be a quest item, and so the quest will not recognize it anymore.

The only way to safely store elder scrolls or black books is when you are done with all those quests, meaning you wouldn't need any of those books anymore.

And for this reason I set a pre-requirement on Tel Nalta II where the player can not build those two specific displays until he has advanced through certain quests, this is done to prevent any quests from getting bugged.

Other house mods put that responsibility in your hands, if you decide to put a quest item in their displays and the quest gets broken then its your fault.

Me on the other hand, I took that responsibility for myself and implement measures to prevent this from happening in the first place.

Either way, be careful with those elder scrolls and black books.

i currently have this mod, http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36427/? installed. any conflictions i should worry about?

Yes, Lakeview Extended only changes the exterior.

And even if you decide to use some of my optional files that change things on the interior it should still be compatible since I never changed anything on that armory wing.

But you should read the descriptions of mods for more info tbh.

And Lakeview (or my mod Lakeview Extended) doesn't even have displays for those elder scrolls.

Edited by Guest

Yes, Lakeview Extended only changes the exterior.

And even if you decide to use some of my optional files that change things on the interior it should still be compatible since I never changed anything on that armory wing.

But you should read the descriptions of mods for more info tbh.

And Lakeview (or my mod Lakeview Extended) doesn't even have displays for those elder scrolls.

simple compromise :) a kickass mod like that for my favorite house is well worth giving up a pedestal for the scrolls