I like this idea.

To add onto it, I suggest adding two new items to the game; Rechargeable Fusion Core, Fusion Core Recharge Station, Power Suit Recharge Station.

Rechargeable Fusion Core: Findable / Craftable / Buyable

This is basically what it's called. It would be the same shape and everything. Instead of the cap being red, it would be blue. This would allow the player to distinguish easily what type of FC it is even while placed in the power armour.

Fusion Core Recharge Station: Craftable / Buyable

This would be a new item to be crafted for settlements or bought. It would require a hookup to a generator of a power source of at least 5 and a considerable amount of materials that would be decently hard to come by to make. You'd simply take the RFC (Rechargeable Fusion Core) and put it in the FCRS (Fusion Core Recharge Station) and wait some period of time. Perhaps to make it less "over powered", the FCRS would require other items be put into it, such at Nuclear Material. But I'm lazy, so that should be an optional thing.

Power Suit Recharge Station: Craftable / Buyable

Essentially the same thing as the FCRS, except it's shaped like the Power Suit station. You'd be able to craft and store items like normal, except you could hook this up via wire to the FCRS which would in turn send power to the PSRS (Power Suit Recharge Staion) thus charging the RFC (Rechargeable Fusion Core) over time. Since it's getting power from the FCRS, you wouldn't have to put any Nuclear Material into it.

What do you think about that?

Edited by PeanutButterEater

Fusion Core Recharge Station: Craftable / Buyable

This would be a new item to be crafted for settlements or bought. It would require a hookup to a generator of a power source of at least 5 and a considerable amount of materials that would be decently hard to come by to make.

I like your ideas, but if a radio transmitter takes 10 power, i think a recharging station for nuclear fusion cores should be at least 15. or maybe have different types that take differing amounts of power for a faster recharge (5 power for 24 hours, 10 power for 12 hours, and 15 power for 6 hours)

I like the idea. I just hope we add a perk requirement to it.

Pro tip: Fusion cores retain their value, even if they have very little power left inside. You can sell your used power cores for as much as a new one. I usually sell one that is about to run out of juice to cut into the cost of buying a new one. Someone who's invested in better buying and selling prices could probably get fresh cores on the cheap.

Edited by TheWarmWind

i guess it should take at least science lvl 3 and maybe armorer lvl 2, dunno. But since day one, i was convinced there were recharge stations the moment i pulled the first fusion core you get in the museum. If not making a buildable, maybe a mod could be made so we could plug back in the cores into the power machine thing.