Yeah that one gets my head itchy too. There are a number of script geniuses around though, so i wouldnt put it past them to do it.

Why do i get the feeling that Beth plans DLC for this though?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Weapon durability - Remember how the minigun's barrel heats up cherry red on sustained fire? That's a good indicator of the physical wear and tear that a high volume of fire can inflict on a weapon. Yeah, repairing durability may not be everybody's cup of tea, but it can have its place in FO4. As for the rest, so long as there's an MCM sort of options selection, I'm all for it. =^[.]^=

Barrel overheating is definitely something I'd like to implement for automatic and semi-auto weapons. Should be too hard to find a way to make it apply to other weapons.

Re: Weapon durability - Remember how the minigun's barrel heats up cherry red on sustained fire? That's a good indicator of the physical wear and tear that a high volume of fire can inflict on a weapon. Yeah, repairing durability may not be everybody's cup of tea, but it can have its place in FO4. As for the rest, so long as there's an MCM sort of options selection, I'm all for it. =^[.]^=

That's a really good idea, something that should've been in there by default, and optional, even turned off by default so people who can't navigate a menu won't complain. (People have said they can't even find the difficulty)

Instead of entire weapons degrading, specific parts that take the damage/degrading will need to be repaired. Like the barrel of a minigun that needs to be fixed because of all the heat and usage, or the receiver of a pistol because that's where all the bullets fire from.

The crafting system which is awesome, totally opens up the possibility for this, so you could have the option of entire weapons degrading over time or have an option where only specific parts of a weapon degrade over time to be repaired by junk/parts.

And weapons that are broken shouldn't necessarily be unusable, although that can also be an option, you could just reduce the stats of the guns damage/accuracy/range etc. like those of stat effects on your character.

Why this idea was not implemented, I have no idea.

That's a really good idea, something that should've been in there by default, and optional, even turned off by default so people who can't navigate a menu won't complain. (People have said they can't even find the difficulty)

Instead of entire weapons degrading, specific parts that take the damage/degrading will need to be repaired. Like the barrel of a minigun that needs to be fixed because of all the heat and usage, or the receiver of a pistol because that's where all the bullets fire from.

The crafting system which is awesome, totally opens up the possibility for this, so you could have the option of entire weapons degrading over time or have an option where only specific parts of a weapon degrade over time to be repaired by junk/parts.

And weapons that are broken shouldn't necessarily be unusable, although that can also be an option, you could just reduce the stats of the guns damage/accuracy/range etc. like those of stat effects on your character.

Why this idea was not implemented, I have no idea.

Thats actually what I have planned for the moment, to have the barrel, reciever, and muzzle (if applied) degrade over time. They can be fixed with up with maintenance kits, consisting of a screwdriver, spring, gears, oil, and a cloth, though this will only restore partial health. Condition can be fully restored by repairing parts with the same material used to make them.

As for broken weapons, they'll they won't be unusable but close to it. Horrible accuracy and frequent misfires/jams will be a good way to motivate players to keep their weapons in top shape.

Some things could be tricky to do:

To tie durability to items if the default system doesn't provide any base for it.

Special ammo since you don't really choose an ammo type.

Slots for the weapons when holstered.

In skyrim the geared up mods only worked because a base functionality to build on was available.

Classic interface basically means someone has to create text for every line the player character can say.

EDIT: Well, ok it exists already for the subtitles. That can probably be used somehow.

I don't want to be THAT guy but I wouldn't be too sure that all that is actually realizable.

Many things depend on the extended features of papyrus and f4se though.

I'll address these in order for ease of reading

Power Armor actually has health in the game and can be repaired, so it shouldn't be too difficult to adapt and port that over for armor and weapons. This is what actually gave me the idea to restore condition and repair.

Special ammo may be tricky but in Skyrim, we could use any arrow type regardless of the bow. We just don't have that option current because all weapons only have one kind to use at the moment. And since this is an improved version of the Creation Kit, that functionality should be there still.

Same should go for holstering animations, really. They're most likely still in the files as legacy content, just waiting to be reimplemented. Dagger/one-handed sheathing will be used for pistols and other small arms while larger ones get the two-handed back holstering.

Haven't turned on subtiles but I figured something along the same lines. Even if it does take a while to do, it'd be more like the older games and a lot less like Mass Effect.

A game that is about survival and scavenging should have all these features by default, but like it was mentioned, they have to cater for the kiddies so they dont even include such things even IN SURVIVAL MODE.

I honestly cant wait to see what mods come out for this. Given this is Papyrus, i reckon a port of iNeed from Skyrim will likely be very easy. Probably a lot of mods at that.

I like F4 more than F3. Am i a kid now?

A game that is about survival and scavenging should have all these features by default, but like it was mentioned, they have to cater for the kiddies so they dont even include such things even IN SURVIVAL MODE.

I honestly cant wait to see what mods come out for this. Given this is Papyrus, i reckon a port of iNeed from Skyrim will likely be very easy. Probably a lot of mods at that.

I like F4 more than F3. Am i a kid now?
You get the idea.

Back on track, once a mod for NV like this was underway but im not sure how far it ended up. Basically they did away with auto aim, had bullet arcs for long distance Snipering, jamming/overheating etc. But then we already had equipment degradation.

Back on track, once a mod for NV like this was underway but im not sure how far it ended up. Basically they did away with auto aim, had bullet arcs for long distance Snipering, jamming/overheating etc. But then we already had equipment degradation.

NV actually had arcing for all projectiles, but most weapons had such a long range + velocity that it was hardly noticeable.

Still, I'll see if I can incorporate it into the mod as well. If the modder you mentioned know anything about how to make weapon jams occur and such, that'd be helpful as well.