I believe its done by attaching a script to the weapon thats constant, and works from a calculation of chance for that weapon type (decided by modder with an educated guess) and then the weapons condition, maybe some other factor if you care to think of any. Then it would play a custom animation and usually because its easy, the sound like an empty clip. You could then set the weapon to a state of jammed requiring a custom button press to unjam with a custom animation for immersion. This would of course be mjch better if you had an MCM and FOSE. Guys like Weijiesen (creator of EVE etc) would be the go to for visuals for the hot barrels and perhaps smoke effects.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They never bring us these "inventions" on Fallout 4. Why? Because after that, there is no need for a Fallout 5... like the hardware and gameselles... games always need more hardware. Why? Because we had to buy only one pc in our life and there will be no need to update your harware...

No buy = no munay; no "inventions" = buy a new game in hope for better gameplay = money for .. . yea... i think you got it. :-)

They never bring us these "inventions" on Fallout 4. Why? Because after that, there is no need for a Fallout 5... like the hardware and gameselles... games always need more hardware. Why? Because we had to buy only one pc in our life and there will be no need to update your harware...

No buy = no munay; no "inventions" = buy a new game in hope for better gameplay = money for .. . yea... i think you got it. :-)

Tin foil hat much?

Fallout 4 may not be on par with some other games when it comes to graphics.

But it still looks a lot better than Fallout 3 or New Vegas.

The additional processing power needed to render higher details and effects can't just come out of nowhere.

And of course it's badly optimized. Who would've guessed, huh? XD

I think they were just lazy bumholes with the features.

I believe its done by attaching a script to the weapon thats constant, and works from a calculation of chance for that weapon type (decided by modder with an educated guess) and then the weapons condition, maybe some other factor if you care to think of any. Then it would play a custom animation and usually because its easy, the sound like an empty clip. You could then set the weapon to a state of jammed requiring a custom button press to unjam with a custom animation for immersion. This would have course be mjch better if you had an MCM and FOSE. Guys like Weijiesen (creator of EVE etc) would be the go to for visuals for the hot barrels and perhaps smoke effects.

Hopefully, the mod won't require FOSE thanks to the engine being an upgraded version of Skyrim's, offering a lot more potential in how everything is set up. The power-bash/grenade key is a great example of having one key with multiple outputs depending on how long its pressed. Already speaks load about how much things have been improved.

An MCM-esque menu will be implemented for ease of configuration but if I can get the actual MCM incorperated into the mod, it'd make things that much easier in the long-run. I'll contact the mod author along with Weijiesen to see if I can't get their help with this.

Im no modder but i do enjoy using them, especially ones that make the game more immersive and realistic. You mentioned ammo types, please include rounds like .357 mag and .38 specials, 5.56 and .223 etc. I just think it adds a more real feel to the gun. They way it is now just bothers me, .45 round? would it have killed them to write .45acp.... I just like these little things that when all added together just add a more in depth and immersive experience.

also no 45-70? where's my ranger sequoia?

Good luck and I will be following this one for sure.

Cheers.

Im no modder but i do enjoy using them, especially ones that make the game more immersive and realistic. You mentioned ammo types, please include rounds like .357 mag and .38 specials, 5.56 and .223 etc. I just think it adds a more real feel to the gun. They way it is now just bothers me, .45 round? would it have killed them to write .45acp.... I just like these little things that when all added together just add a more in depth and immersive experience.

also no 45-70? where's my ranger sequoia?

Good luck and I will be following this one for sure.

Cheers.

You're in luck, Idle. Just finished the framework for the ammo list doc. It has all the base ammo types feature in New Vegas along with the specialty ammo types. Fallout 4's ammo got the same treatment, with Flares, Cannonballs, 2mm EC, etc, getting special variants as well.

The complete list can be found at [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y-8ZHyljIpcnTfzc9OiDI0CNh2VWSRBDj4ENkTzdJbM] but I haven't finished coming up with the recipies.

I've been thinking of making the reusable fusion core mod once the Creation Kit gets released in 2016. My plan so far has been to, once the fusion core is all out of juice, it will be replaced by "Fusion Core - Empty" (or something to that degree) then you can put it in a fusion generator and it would slowly replenish the power after time. If the kit allows for the adding of new settlement object I'd probably include the generator in there.

the 2 biggest things i love to see is the ability to take apart your gun and mods anytime you want with out the force of making some new part. when when you think about it when weapon repairing u might have to take off the broken barrel and replace it with another or any other part u can take of another gun. it would give me a more of a why to keep weak guns i no-longer need. (i have a close to fully upgraded 10 mm pistol. i like something more to the fixing of the weapon. like u might have to oil it and keep a clean.

i never seen how a weapon repair kit could work. i thought it was to simple when when it comes down to it u might have to replace parts of the gun (mostly springs) and keep it clean or it can jam/ miss fire or worse..

dont get me wrong i do like the game alot. but i wish there was more Hardcore Elements to the game exsplacy since im playing on survival mod and i really want to feel like i am just scraping by and surviving the accounts i have with the limited ammo i have. (i am early game just found pepper.)