Spawn power armor frame?

GSmog

So an NPC hopped into my power armor, and I killed him, but now I cant get him out of my power armor. I was able to take the pieces off but not the frame itself. I googled a way to just spawn a new set of power armor, apparently its classified as furniture. So I spawn one with console commands, but to my dissapointment when I try to enter it says "You cannot use this at this time."

What gives exactly, why not? *scratches head* So I take the power core out of it, and then I try to get in and my character just freezes and the game bugs out. Any help with this would be appreciated.

For transparency I found the id's here. https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3sagbn/dont_be_the_one_protect_your_power_armor_from/ Is there anyway I can find the ID's on my own? I dont mind going back to my original power armor and getting the code and spawning it again but the last save I had it is fairly far back and I dont want to lose my progress. i know i should get other power armors again later but Id just like to spawn me another copy.

Just apparently Im doing something wrong... it's player.placeatme 4A9C1 right?

Edit: Oh I get it, you have to be looking perfectly straight when you spawn it to be able to get in. If not it will be tilted at a wrong angle and you cant get in.

Edited by GSmog

The trick to spawning power armors is that you need to be in an exterior cell on a flat surface. If you still have problems with it not allowing you to enter you should select the frame in the console and type "rotate x -1000" or whatever number you need to level it. I noticed that you found a solution for yourself but I am writting this anyway to help others that might stumble uppon the same problem.

Is there a console command to spawn power armors? or perhaps a mod that basically does the same thing?

See, the problem I'm having is that my load times are annoyingly long. It seems to take forever whether it's loadin after being killed or loading when quick traveling or just entering an interior or an exterior.

Anyway, I am at the mission where you need to track down the guy and with the radation risk. (not telling more then that to avoid even the tiniest spoilers) So I basically need a power armor to get to the location.

Anyway, so I forgot my power armor at my base and I didn't want to go back to retrieve it because then I would need to wait twice quickly after each other.

So IS there a way to use the console to spawn a power armor, going from the weakest to the strongest?

Yea I even mentioned the command in my first post.

player.placeatme 4A9C1

Just make sure your looking out directly straight so you can get in it. If you look too much up or down you spawn the armor at an angle and cant get in it. So just make a quick save first before experimenting.

I'd say the easier method would be to spawn the money and buy the frame from K.L.E.O.

I just now have had my beautiful X-01 suit go missing from my settlement.

Pretty devastated, so I plan to conjure up a new one and use my newly-gained knowledge about removing fusion cores from Power Armor to avoid ever again losing my most valuable possession.

well he was complaining about load times, so he'd have to travel there and buy a suit and then travel back so if he could do that he could just fast travel to his base and get his normal suit right? For me I faff about too much so I havent even found Kleo yet and Im like level 25. You could always just spawn the X-01 suit though with player.placeatme 170446. Same amount of effort really, its each only one console command. I havent got that suit though yet so Im not just going to give myself one. :p Still its an option.

• 2 weeks later...

Easier than makig sure your perspective is perfect: Just jump and hit the tilde mid-air. The frame will be frozen mid-air, but you can get in and you'll simply fall

I just used this to workaround the bug preventing powerarmor on Nuclear Option.

• 2 weeks later...

i found a fix to the power armor problem. when you spawn in the armor it is usually in a weird position and unusable. the trick is to stand in front of a power armor repair station and spawn in the armor, then click on the repair station. this pulls the armor into the correct position, and you can mod it and then use it as normal.