Pipeboy Readius?

munduselle

Pipboy Readius  

568 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a Pipboy Readius in Fallout 4?

• 2 months later...

I, too, would like to see some redesigns of the Pip-Boy for FO4, now that the needed tools are out. The FO4 Pip-Boy clips with way too many armor and power armor mods. There are currently some mods that allow one to customize the Pip-Boy in-game, including a Framework(!) for customization and the Holographic Pip-Boy. I would still like to see the Readius and other new incarnations in-game FO4. I would love to see a more modern Pip-Boy with a quest type of immersion to unlock it in a new Vault-Tec Vault that continued to work on the Pip-Boy post-apocalypse. A Pip-Boy that has a more sleek and curved screen design with limited physical mechanisms and one that is just an armband with flashlight that projects a holographic image for the activated Pip-Boy screen, along with new animations, would make for a stellar mod!

Pip-Boy Customization Framework

Holographic Pip-Boy 8000

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For the love of god yes this needs to happen, I like the Pip-Boy Customization Framework mod but Readius is sorely needed not to mention I still consider it the most quintessential mod for FO3. If I had any knowledge for modding I'd take on the project but I cant even use a scientific calculator for anything but basic math... :wallbash:

Not really, afaik.

I am now using this (Pip-Boy Remover):

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20911/?

It's not perfect, has the obvious 'problems' of a ppiboy not being where it used to be (armors with non-skin-tight-sleeves looking dumb on the player) and all that...

But it's working really well, otherwise. So, until (if!) the readius gets built, this will work for me.

It's not perfect, has the obvious 'problems' of a ppiboy not being where it used to be (armors with non-skin-tight-sleeves looking dumb on the player) and all that...

You might be able to fix that by using PipboyRemover in conjunction with Pip-Boy Remover (kind of confusing considering the similarities in the names, I know) and only using the meshes and textures from the latter whilst using the plugin from the former. I'm currently running the former, but it keeps the PipBoy equipped in first person, so I plan on doing what I just described to hopefully remove it in both third and first person. Basically, PipboyRemover deals with the third person issues, and Pip-Boy Remover deals with the first person issues, leading to pretty much the next best thing to a Readius that we can currently achieve.

Obviously it's a lot of extra effort to go through just to fix a small issue, but it's food for thought I suppose.

Edited by Tukster

Thanks for that hint, I'll keep it in mind if I ever want to switch away from my t-shirt wearing. muscle showoff, badass commando guy. The pipboy didn't really fit in, though. So I'm happy about 'hiding' it.

I guess to have a real complete readius like experience, we'd need something like a belt-attached thing to have some origin for that "plug into elevator control" animation and something to pick up from the ground.