"Auto-Equip Settler" Container

doubleDizz

Basically, this mod would be a Settlement item (eg: Resources > Miscellaneous > Auto-Equip Settler Container) that is a large, existing container; you place the container in your Settlement. Once dropped, you exit Build mode and dump all the weapons, armor and clothing you don't want into it. Then after you've finished loading it up, you "Activate" it and it equips all the Settlers inside your settlement with the equipment.

I've collected a ton of weapons, clothing and armor; but I cannot be bothered walking around to all my settlements adding these items to each the NPC settler. There's over 20 of them!

A later staged version of the mod could perhaps copy the way Local Leader > Supply Lines works and link multiple Auto-Equip Containers at each settlement.

In terms of lore or RPing, this makes sense because the settlers are meant to be people. They should be able to equip themselves.

NB: Could also be called SETTLEMENT ARMORY, but people would probably expect an actual armory building that could be built then (later version?).

Instead of scripting the NPC to animate to the container and get the items, I was thinking it could just be a script that applies the stuff in the box to the NPC's registered as Settlers in the Settlement.

Hard to know specifics before Bethesda deliver a modding kit, but I'm thinking there must be some register for NPC's to be "Settlers" in every Settlement. If the mod's script could get the unique ID's from that register, then unequip all from those ID's, then using a pre-designed selection criteria (maybe a lookup of NPC's strongest stats for matching equipment), starts getting items from the container and setting them in the NPC's inventory as equipped...

I agree, adding animations and all that is way too much. It needs to be more of a magic box, just so it runs efficiently.

I actually just came looking for a mod like this. Found this instead haha. I second the motion that this would be a greatly useful mod, I aim to do a theme in all my settlements. But so far I've only bothered with Sanctuary, and they are all wondering around in a 'guys and dolls' theme. Tuxedos for men and pretty dresses for the woman lol, it's like the war never started over there. XD

Settlers sometimes grab things from containers already, eg. I had a Fat Man and a Mini-Nuke in one container, the settlement was being attacked and when I got there one of the settlers was holding the Fat Man and fired my only Mini-Nuke at a mutant dog...

Doesn't happen all the time though, I had a lot of other rifles/pistols in there but the other settlers were still using their default weapons, maybe I should have left ammo for them as well.

This reminds me too, a mod to stop settlers accessing a container/going through a door would be nice too. Maybe a way for the player to lock things with their own key.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...