I might have a lead. Did some digging in the console, and found these:

IDLE: PA1stMoveStart (00006F126) ''
IDLE: PA1stMoveStop (0006F127) ''
IDLE: 1stPMoveStart (00004ACA) ''
IDLE: 1stPMoveStop (00004ACC) ''

Does anyone know how to test to find out what these animations do--if they are the culprit for 1st person having headbob and 3rd person not? I mean, what's the point of having an animation to start moving in 1st person mode? With your weapon stowed, you can't see anything that ought to be moving. Just the camera...

Furthermore, these don't exist in Skyrim or Fallout 3's consoles.

I'm assuming the PA is for Power Armour, which DOES have a different kind of headbob, so I'm really hopeful this is it.

I've also done some snooping with BAE and haven't found anything in the Meshes or Animation folders that look really out of place. But I barely understand what I'm looking at in there.

I would like to know how to add head bobbing because I hate to play games where my in game head moves in straight line like in that dumb game called Counter Strike and other games based on that old pathetic source engine :) I always felt like cartoon box in games like Half Life.

But the most important thing for me would be enabling motion from 3rd person view. Character in TPP while walking uses his weight and in FPP mode I feel weightless. In GTA V I think they did it ok because TPP and FPP are the same in terms of moving while in F4 in FPP mode character is lighter.

If I am at this subject I want to mention that while walking it is ok in TPP how PC is balancing while changing directions but when I use run then character is not stopping for direction change and I can instantly change my move direction :/
PC is weightless while running :/
I would really like to have PC movement implemented into F4

I moded my Dying Light game so my character have weight and I cannot stop on a dime and move in opposite direction. I love that feel of weight. Most games ignore that just to not annoy casual player that want to be a carton box in game :)

I am looking forward into mods that will change all that what I mentioned.

I want to feel weight and I want to have my PC head move like in real life! NO STRAIGHT LINE aka carton box movement ;)

I made a thread about this myself with no replies, glad to see this one is doing better at least and I'm not the only one demanding this be a thing.

I don't get motion sickness from it, but the bob is really aggravating and has messed with my aim more times than I can count. when you also take into account the people who DO get motion sickness, and the fact that your real perspective never looks like that thanks to your eyes and brain compensating for it naturally, makes you REALLY wonder why Bethesda added it in, especially without the option to remove it.

Do want, but don't know how to do mods myself

If I am at this subject I want to mention that while walking it is ok in TPP how PC is balancing while changing directions but when I use run then character is not stopping for direction change and I can instantly change my move direction :/

PC is weightless while running :/

I've had this problem with every Bethesda game, except with enemy movements. Bandits in Skyrim that float to the left of my arrow without moving their legs or bodies--no change in momentum, super annoying. There's another request for changing the movement speeds, though, so when that's figured out, maybe the walking animations can be used to run, while run can be slowed down to walking speeds! Or someone will just re-animate it all. :D

I figure once we know how to disable headbob in 1st person, enabling it in 3rd person should be easy.

Also, this mod -- http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/522/? -- seems to help me a little bit. Having the gun tucked out of the way adds another 5-10 minutes of playtime before my head hurts too much. Having something to focus on once in a while that isn't swaying around, maybe?

An interesting thing I found with the Centered 3rd Person Camera tweak... Keeping in mind, my FOV is set to 95 (1920x1080 resolution).

Ticking my scroll wheel back just once, I get a nice 1st person view without any gun or hand model in the screen. It's pretty weird for combat, but for just walking around and exploring, it's nice. Only screen shaking will be from rubble on the ground! (Speaking of the ground, if you look down, you get a nice view of the back of your head... so don't look down.)

For anyone just stumbling across this, put this in your Fallout.ini:

[Camera]
fOverShoulderMeleeCombatAddY=0.0000
fOverShoulderMeleeCombatPosZ=0.0000
fOverShoulderMeleeCombatPosX=0.0000
fOverShoulderCombatAddY=0.0000
fOverShoulderCombatPosZ=0.0000
fOverShoulderCombatPosX=0.0000
fOverShoulderPosZ=0.0000
fOverShoulderPosX=0.0000
bApplyCameraNodeAnimations=0

I guess it's the best we can hope for until the smart folks figure out scripts and stuff. Or maybe there's still some undiscovered .ini tweaks?

GOT IT.

Update: Not working again...

No idea what went wrong. I was trying a bunch of different things before bed, and the stuff below was the first thing I tried when I woke up, and it worked. Then I went to make the game window smaller so I could keep an eye on other programs behind it, (had it in full-screen windowed mode to see if it would make me less sick), and when I re-started it, the headbob was back.

I still had this in my .ini file at the time, though:

[Camera]

f1stPitchOffsetTarget=0.00
f1stPitchOffsetMultOnAccel=0.00
f1stPitchOffsetMultOnMaxSpeed=0.00
f1stPitchOffsetMultOffAccel=0.00
f1stPitchOffsetMultOffMaxSpeed=0.00
fPitchZeroBlendTime=0.00

But that didn't do anything, so I'd removed it along with the resolution change, and now nothing's doing anything...

Original:

With much thanks to the person what did the thing (Voodooman), and the other one that sorted it all out so you can read it (Cagelin)!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1312/?

Put this in Fallout4.ini, again, in your My Documents/My Games/Fallout4 folder.

[Animation]
fMotionFeedbackMinAngleDelta=0.00
fMotionFeedbackMinSpeed=0.00
fMotionFeedbackMinSpeedDelta=0.00
fMotionFeedbackMinTime=0.00

Edited by LordZheep

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've pretty much given up.

The next thing to try would be to swap or disable the idle animations with FO4Edit, the very first things that stood out to me in the first post. 1stPMoveStart, 1stPSprintStart -- 1stPMTSprintStart maybe? -- and PA1stMoveStart. They all have a "stop" version, so... I'm thinking, you'd just need to trick it into playing/triggering the "stop" in place of the start, yeah?

Otherwise, there may be nothing to do but wait until we can directly edit the RootBehaviour.hkx

Unless you play with your ini file enough to turn it off the next time you start the game up, but not the time after that.

Anyway, trying to figure out how FO4Edit works is giving me a bigger headache than playing the game itself.

So have you guys had any luck? I'd try to help myself but I can barely figure out Fallout 3's GECK, let alone actual coding.

I can't stand the power armor head bob. I want to use the power armor, I love power armor, it's awesome, but the headbob makes it unusable for me.