Wha'll be king but Cherlie? Mod idea - help needed.

Bloble

Post apocalyptic jacobites rise!

I want to make a quest/faction mod which will introduce some neo-Jacobites to the commonwealth, blown off course on their ships'o'war with a very precious cargo - The true king of england, scotland and Ireland, their Bonnie Prince Charlie.

Obviously given the amount of time that has passed and the almost definite destruction of the true Stuart line during the nuclear holocaust, he isnt the true charlie, but much like Caesar he was inspired by half-preserved books on an obscure topic and used it to legitimize his claims to power (like real kings!). Never the less, these plucky miss-placed Scots believe he is the reincarnation of their "Rightfu', Lawfu' King" and why not? its fallout, we have men who have become trees and people made immortal by radiation when they should both really be dead.

The uniforms of the clans would be fittingly fallout tribal, but with clear throw backs to the period, bucklers for left arm armour and broadswords, their gun of choice being a laser musket. Tartan kilts and blue bonnets all round. Charlie would be wearing a dashing all tartan ensemble with his powdered white wig- which incidentally would be fitting with the revolutionary feeling of much of the game world.

There would be a radio to go with the mod which would play Scottish folk and jacobite anthems, which would also broadcast a "call tae arms" for the loyal clans of the commonwealth. this would introduce the quest to the player, who would be lead to the landing point with its tents and army standing ready to take back Charlie's throne, at which point the player would step in.

Obviously, other factions in the commonwealth would not take kindly to this take-over and so it would be to the player to fight for or against the young pretender in a series of quests which would end the dispute for better or worse, The quests which would be to counter the Jacobites would be given by the minutemen, everyones favourite do-gooders and maintainers of the status quo.

To do this I will need the help of a number of others:

-Voice actors capable of convincing Scottish accents, and one who can do a convincing french accent for charlie

- Modelers and texturers for the arms and armour

- Testers to iron out any bugs and give advice on the story

The quest itself i will put together, obviously having to wait for the release of the GECK before i can implement it fully, but story, scripts and other materials can be assembled beforehand.

What does everyone think of this idea? would you fight for charlie or for whatever foul usurper the Jacobites choose to blame?

Thanks

Basically a faction and quest mod based on the jacobite rebellion of 1745, when a deposed prince of england & scotland (Charles Edward Stuart) landed in the highlands of scotland with the help of the french navy and raised an army of loyal clansmen (think braveheart but with less 2 handed swords and face paint) and attempted to take back the throne from King George II. it ended at the battle of culloden with defeat for the scots. if youve ever heard speed bonnie boat or practically any other scottish folk of the last 300 years its about these events and those that followed. I thought the idea of a bunch of angry scottish tribals was funny and was a good excuse to make use of the tonnes of revolution era gear in the game.

The Jacobite Rebellion: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacobite_rising_of_1745

I'll happily audition for the VA work if this gets aff the ground, I should be able to manage a convincing Scottish accent even coming fae Edinburgh :teehee: EDIT: And I can do GECK grunt-work as well, nothing fancy like scripting, but if as I'm assuming it will be it's similar to the Skyrim CK I should recall enough from my own bumbling attempts at modding to take on some of the dull low-level stuff to free up more experienced folk for the real work.

Edited by Yodhrin

This is excellent news, i didnt expect anyone to reply at all :P. all we need now is someone who can make the textures and models, i think re-texturing vanilla items could make up most of the equipment and im semi-familiar with using nifscope to do some cut and pasting to make the pieces look a bit different. blue bonnets would be super easy with the beret etc. Yodhrin, do you have a decent mic because i dont really see a need for auditions unless everyone in Scotland decides to volunteer!

As far as textures go, im willing to help on that mater. Not to much of a re texture person would rather work on new models them self's, Send me a pm with some contact information and i will get in touch with you.

Also what can you contribute to this Mod ?

Edited by kazenokizu