Making Power Armor Helmet "Targeting HUD" modification toggleable

Jupezus

The Targeting HUD modification for Power Armor Helmet highlights living targets red (http://imgur.com/a/JDHR8).

It's very useful in combat situations but pretty annoying when you're talking to NPC's or just walking around Diamond City etc.

Taking off the helmet because of this feels just stupid.

So I'm requesting mod which allows it to be toggleable. Press a button and it disables the red highlight and vice-versa.

It sounds pretty simple one to make right? But I don't know anything about modding so it probably isn't.

Thanks for taking the time to read this! Hopefully someone will look into this

Edited by Jupezus

• 2 weeks later...

All you need to do is add your helmet to favorite tree. (Q button in inventory)

You still need to take your helmet out manually by opening inventory and clicking on it but to wear it again you dont. Just press button 0-9 and you have it again. And yes when you are looking at NPC´s without helmet and then you press the helmet button your Targeting HUD will start working. So basically all we need is some kind of fix so taking out your helmet can be triggered when pressing this button.

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same idea :D It would also be cool if it gave some kinda x-ray vision ^_^ I hope someone looks into this in the future good luck with the request mate. :smile:

Or change the graphic to an outline instead of the glaze.

+1

You still need to take your helmet out manually by opening inventory and clicking on it but to wear it again you dont. Just press button 0-9 and you have it again. And yes when you are looking at NPC´s without helmet and then you press the helmet button your Targeting HUD will start working. So basically all we need is some kind of fix so taking out your helmet can be triggered when pressing this button.

First post!

I would love to see this implemented as well! :smile:!

It has already been done, even better than you described!: http://www.nexusmods...ut4/mods/4314/?

• 5 months later...

I had the same idea :D It would also be cool if it gave some kinda x-ray vision ^_^ I hope someone looks into this in the future good luck with the request mate. :smile:

+1

First post!

It has already been done, even better than you described!: http://www.nexusmods...ut4/mods/4314/?

Not really - the Marine Assault Helmet is not one of the supported "eye wares"

+1

First post!

Not really - the Marine Assault Helmet is not one of the supported "eye wares"

Not sure what you're saying. If you're suggesting that the Marine Assault Helmet doesn't have Targeting HUD, there's a mod for that. If you're saying that a Marine Assault Helmet with Targeting HUD on it isn't supported by the Customizable HUD mod, that's not true.