game help(Non modding question) -Didn't know where else to ask

AtmaDarkwolf

Alright, when using unarmed, even without any 'chance to disarm opponent' I VERY often knock my targets weapon out of their hands, and then its down to fisticuffs.

The problem here is how the blocking mechanic works. The enemy ALWAYS, ALWAYS times block JUST as I attack(IE fights last FOREVER, even WITH a high damage melee/unarmed weapon) and I can't time MY blocks (I block too early and drop the block, which the AI knows exactly when to exploit, starting their 'swing' just as my block is dropping, so they ALWAYS land a hit if i don't take a step back.)

Also many enemies, once disarmed, 'feint' an attack (IE : start to punch but 'hold' off and then do a real attack once I've blocked, which is really a first for any game I've played, LOVE the idea, just want to know how to utilize it myself)

So how does one 'prevent' the enemy from blocking back(Remember, this is unarmed, close combat fighting, AFTER you disarm your opponent)

yes. and lol, but sitll, when u are fighting in melee range(with any melee/unarmed weapon ive found so far, including the deathclaw gauntlet, power fist(the unique one dropped by swan) and even the sacrificial blade, once a npc loses his weapon(Usually after a few swipes at him) he has NO weapon and 'insta-blocks' every time I start to swing, and then counters, instantly, (and staggers me) with his bare hands. I cannot do the same (IE: i can 'block' sometimes, but block isn't 'hold and forget', you can only block for about 1/2 second after u try, and theres a delay before u can block again) and the 'quickest' way to beat him is to just step back and let him pick his gun up again(then the fight continues until I again disarm him)

Its really annoying(and being my first playthough, im not even past 'normal' mode i think, not sure if i picked a harder diff, but other than THIS issue, mobs still die fast enough so i assume its normal)

Anyways, anyone know how (When unarmed/melee) you 'use special attacks' (Once I grabbed a guys arm and tossed him on his butt, and broke his neck, was not a sneak/crit and the mob was almost full health, so wasn't a 'finishing' move - but as unarmed(with knuckles) i was able to sneak-kill with a neck breaking animation too. I've never seen any special attacks (Other than typical power attacks) with any melee weapon yet.

2nd question, how do you 'block and counter' like the mobs do?

And 3rd: how do you feint (AKA like they do- pretend to punch then when you block, do an actual attack so that your block 'drops' just as they hit)

Im really kinda impressed how the AI is able to 'fight' so well (Beyond the silly realism of bare hands/arms blocking chainsaw blades or rocket propelled massive hammers) while disarmed.