Crippled Limb Healing - not the issue I expected

Pthalo

WOW this really pisses me off. DAMN IT game developers stop dumbing down game so fools and idiots on consoles can play without getting mad that they cant win because its too hard.That's what easy settings are for, but you have this in every difficulty mode.

This should only be in one game mode called baby mode, and it should only be for people that don't know how to play games and don't want to learn how to or get any better but just want to be lead by the hand through the game and told it'll be ok you cant die or get hurt just have "fun".How can you have fun when there is no challenge.It would be fine if the game was made for 10 year olds, but this game should not be made to cater to 10 year olds.Its not a game a 10 year old should be playing at all so don't make it as easy as one that would be.

If this game was not moddable I would really be mad about this, and will be irritated until the GECK comes out.

i find it insanely hard, but i love it like that. tho in the game i hit many bugs at leveling, i dono why but i played and im just getting to level 17 (alil over) and i dont know why its so painfully to level up. it stinks. so i been stuck fighting everything and i just reach diamond city in a modded power armor (uses only 25% of its normal power. never understood why it drains so fast when it rain 200+ years factory's and others never even seen time of day in the generators

tho i do a-ment i have had raiders UN-cripple them self's also. when i aim at there legs with my pipe sniper and then when i aim at there head there already throwing fire at mee!.. ;_;

back on sup i do agree they have dumbed down to many good thinks that i loved. like weapon decay ect and when playing on there hardiest setting i really wish u would have to have a med bag to heal your self or harder yet have someone trained to know how to fix u. (or if u cant reach anyone u have to make stints to help u walk.. (hell i wish there was a bleed out system.. lol ) i want to survive not have my hand held out for me. if i wanted that i be on a baby setting

The world doesn't explain itself to me - that lack of hand-holding I am okay with. But Bethesda is very good at making worlds, and ...they're not bad at balancing combat, but I don't enjoy their approach. The combat is simple, so I can focus on looking at the world I am in and finding a place in it. I just personally feel combat should be so nightmarishly vicious that I struggle to find a safe foxhole during the whole learning process.

A Vault dweller is always the fish out of water.

Doctors of course would be needed to fix crippled limbs, like FO3's did. I like the idea of followers with medical perks being able to do this for you on occasion. Maybe limited by materials you can give them to use? I did not think through how to balance such an idea, but I want perks to unlock special interactions, the way charisma impacts conversations.

Oh man, I am itching to find an application to cut open fallout and look at it's guts and figure that out. It's a bit daunting for me, though I have done similar with standalone mods in the past. The problem is not knowing where to look in such a huge-as-balls game. Someone will find it, with or without the GECK.

I haven't gotten as far as finding something to crack open the game's contents to browse yet, so I'm at a loss. I'm familiar with modding, but not manual game-tweaking.

Haha yeaaahhh, true. Bear Grylls isn't necessarily always a giver of golden advice. I still think it's a good idea for a Fallout-worthy survival mode name, if only because 90% the time in Fallout I'm making bad choices anyway. Lookin' at you, Jet. I know where you come from and I huff you anyway. Heheh. Brahmin poop.

Edited by Pthalo

Stop making things too easy Bethesda.

I had really hoped they would improve the crippled limb system,

1.Crippled limbs should stay crippled.

2. Crippled limb penalties would soften when Sleeping 8 hours or more.

3.Crippled limbs would be further healed when combining stimpaks w. sleep (But not fully)

4.Crippled limbs can only be fully recovered by seeing a doctor or with a perk.

Maybe im expecting too much,But i really hope for a mod that brings back proper radiation sickness.

Sorry Bethesda,But i can only give this game a 6/10.

While I want it to remain separate as part of a chems overhaul mod, I look forward to med-x being modified to let the player ignore crippled limbs as It has in some of FO3's game overhauls.

Zalteredbeastz is my new hero - as Revolvist pointed out, hopefully there is a way to borrow from Dogmeat's code and allow the player to stick anyone following them around with a stimpak? I'm still surprised we got this much without the creation kit.

...and I'm laugh-sobbing realizing the entire fan community is basically just a bunch of basement-dwellers waiting for Bethesda over in D.C. to get us the GECK. Way to play FO3 while we play FO4 there.

While I want it to remain separate as part of a chems overhaul mod, I look forward to med-x being modified to let the player ignore crippled limbs as It has in some of FO3's game overhauls.

Zalteredbeastz is my new hero - as Revolvist pointed out, hopefully there is a way to borrow from Dogmeat's code and allow the player to stick anyone following them around with a stimpak? I'm still surprised we got this much without the creation kit.

...and I'm laugh-sobbing realizing the entire fan community is basically just a bunch of basement-dwellers waiting for Bethesda over in D.C. to get us the GECK. Way to play FO3 while we play FO4 there.

Hey hey There's no need to be rude.

We all have different opinions,And you know what??

I'm suddenly realising we have a bunch of casualized Fps gamers entering this franchise.