Nora (Your players Wife) as a follower

FlatoutDude

• 3 weeks later...

I already tried looking for her code, but i could not find it.

if you find it could you please give it to me. thanks

Anyone had any luck with this?

i seem to have found a plausible mod for this

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7495/?

Edited by FlatoutDude

• 4 months later...

You could make an alias of her's your follower, but then again you can also duplicate the player character with console commands. The problem is that they wouldn't integrate into the game at all. Even if you jury-rigged a companion interface, they wouldn't be able to respond to anything around them. They almost certainly wouldn't have combat barks unless Bethesda cut that content early in development. I'm not even sure they would respond with the same effort sounds as the player character does as female.

Edited by seekingthesun

Creation Kit is out. Hope someone picks up on this.

People are treating the creation kit as santa claus for modding but really the creation kit can only do 3 things better than fo4edit.

1. Scripting

2. animations(few have done this yet)

3. Easier worldspace editing

The creation kit is not 100% capable. Bethesda's claim that the creation kit is "based on what we used to make the game" is at most lying, and at best very misleading. For one even if we had the real developer tools, the game itself is a crazy kluge of different things interacting which barely work. If you open up a script, you'll find a lot of things missing, that can be stored in aliases and global values and stuff. That's why in the game files you can sometimes find notes from one developer to another. One says something like "This works but I don't know why".

They haven't ever told people how things work. There's also things that the creation kit has never done like exporting collisions, nif handling, or a function like GREP that can tell you for example all the elements that are part of say, MS04.

You know it sure would be nice to have a function that would stencil the outline of a 3d model so that someone could develop the diffuse maps from those boundaries instead of the mess we currently have when you have to guess how a flattened image will map onto a 3d object.

It may be a pipe dream, but there may be ways to make it work, at least mostly. Like, the synth option with the Dr at the memory den implanting her, "mind", into a synth body. Or, and this idea would take a lot of work and tedious things, as such I wouldn't expect it of anyone, just an idea. Since Nate/Nora was frozen when they were shot, you COULD conclude that they are still alive, and you could take their body somewhere like the Institute, or another area for non Institute playthroughs, to save him/her, and dig through the sound files to find appropriate lines of dialogue for many situations, even if not perfect. I mean, FNV, the Courier got shot in the head and survives just fine, so it's possible, and you can't tell me he/she isn't still frozen. For one, after being shot, everything was re-frozen. Secondly, through the entire game, you can always go back to the Vault, and see their body with the frozen look still on it, you can wait, theoretically, in game years, go back, and it still has that look, and no decomposition. Therefore, even if it was an oversight/afterthought on the part of Bethesda, the reasoning/logic for him/her to be saved is definitely still there, and unless Bethesda came up with reasoning otherwise, where lore is concerned, they left a big plot hole there that COULD be used to justify it being lore friendly to an extent.

Now, as I said, would take a lot of work to sift through files, fit it to a script, and a storyline, etc...On the subject of the voice files, I know I may be wrong, but aren't there programs where you can put the sound files into it, and alter the voice? Make it sound deeper, higher, etc... as well as make someone sound eerily similar to someone else? I ask this, because seekingthesun states that Nate/Nora may not respond with the same effort as the player character with the, "barks", but couldn't you copy the barks of of another companion, run those files through said program I asked about earlier, and make a version that sounds eerily similar to Nate/Nora? It's likely too much work for anyone to want to devote their time to without knowing it's a mod that enough people want that they could get some donations for their work, or at least high recognition, but as a concept, it's there.

Edited by CoreyN11388

I happen to actually know a little bit about that. The issue is not so much what register the dialog is in but what musicians/vocalists/music theorists call texture of a sound. For example, say that someone with a really gravely voice like Tom Waits were to sing in a high register. You wouldn't mistake them for a smooth voiced female pop musician. It it possible to use autotune technology to make fairly realistic sounding corrections to pitch. For example almost everyone who sings on T.V. if you what what to listen for you can tell what is their native singing and what is studio magic. You can even make spoken word sound sing-songy. There is an experimental music project called EMI I think where they are experimenting with copying vocals but that's another ten years down the road. Eventually you could have a computer compose a song, and sing it to your significant other on their anniversary as Frank Sinatra, but not yet.

If I was to suggest the best way that this modding community could make a modular way to add content it be as follows, though the idea is simple, the implementation would be more difficult:
Either put all the dialog files through professional voice synthesizing software so that there could be a central preset from which people could draw. Then, any dialog that's added for new quests could work from the same voice.
OR:
Create an alternate start mod with real voices.

The problem that so many people fail to realize is that voice acting is a lot of work. There's a reason why dialog recording for games takes months.

I am working on a Nora mod. For the voice I go through all the audio files for the female player and copy paste them to create new dialogues. Currently the biggest problem is the Lip Sync since the tool doesn't work on my computer.

Nora will appear after the main quest is finished. The player will find her in Diamond City in the detective agency asking the detective or his assistant to find her son.