PBR Textures

Fridock

Hey guys, need little help here. Can someone tell me where are the texture files for guns are located within the game or even better just send to me an example of such? I'm planning on making some gun mods myself when it becomes possible, but i want to research the way textures are made there first.

Bethesdsa's interpretation of PBR has a bit of AO and highlight in the diffuse in tight corners to make things pop. Specular and Roughness are packed in the _s file. They seem to use a specific _m for envmap strength still. Most of the spec maps I've looked at seem pretty bright compared to most. I haven't scoped a whole lot out, but calibration seems... kind of random and/or up to each artist there. Most diffuse maps are also pretty bright, particularly paint and metal, those seemed pretty consistent.

The game seems to use LookUp Table/Palette textures, but only a few models I've seen use it (Power Armor and 10mm pistol are two I remember offhand) and in these cases, the diffuse maps are greyscale. (for everything else they just ended up retexturing.)

Edited by throttlekitty