acelogan

So, after several hours of playing and working on building my settlement in Sanctuary Hills, I got to wondering, "Could I build an evil settlement? If I decide to play as an evil character... can I recruit bad guys to my settlements? Could I enslave people?"

Now, I usually play as a good guy, but I've gone off on a few bad-guy runs now and then in past Fallout games. I enjoy open-world games that allow freedom and balance in various playstyles; the freedom to just go in a different, unexpected direction, to play as someone/something you never would in real life be. Likewise, I know other players enjoy exploring the darker side of the wasteland (and themselves) and go all-out psychopathic in thier games, too. Especially with this genre of game, with it's dark themes, and sometimes off-key stories.

Think about it; in Fallout 3 players could be an Evil SOB if they chose, and Bethesda really worked to allow that flexibility. For instance, when the Lone Wanderer reaches Paradise Falls, the slavers offer the strictly profitable quest which sees the anagonist enslaving people.

Knowing that Fallout 4 also supports an evil-ish playstyle (well, more of a sarcastic jerk, but that's close enough), it got me thinking; could we create our own Paradise Falls or is that likely outside the scope of what they have planned? So far I haven't seen that capability in the settlement system - but, then again, maybe its because I'm playing a good karma character.

EDIT#1: Turns out, apparently, that Bethesda chose not to build in an evil playability into the game - for some reason. Why they made that choice, one could speculate, is currently uneplained - but we can only hope either it gets added in a future update or DLC, or the modders make it a reality. Until then, we're left with a screwy system that only allows us to toe-the-line of being truly despicably evil.

I looked around, but couldn't find any mention of this playability in the game - though, if anyone has, please do tell. I also, on a cursory search, couldn't locate an existing mod request that discussed this - likewise, if there is, please let me know.

Thus, I have a mod request;

Evil Settlements:

Alternative to establishing a "Good Faction" settlement to rebuild society, instead curate a settlement of anarchy and destruction - hire "Evil Factions", capture slaves to work your fields, and wreak havoc unto the wasteland. Become a Warlord and watch the world burn!
*Muah-ha-ha-haa*

I know this is going to require a lot of work - and the Creation Engine GECK - but I thought it was certainly worth proposing as a challenge to the modders.

Please to discuss.

EDIT#2: So, it turns out I wasn't the only one to have this epiphany;

In FALOUT 4 You Cannot Be Evil by ZiggyD Gaming

Edited by acelogan

Those explosive collars would work well for this. I love this idea! :)

If only I had the first clue how to implement it. :(

Thanks. Yeah, I'm no modder either, I'm more of an idea guy. I do have graphic design experience, so I'm good at concepts - I just don't have any of the programming, coding, and modeling experience necessary to carry out anything major. I might try learning some texture artwork and perhaps 3D modelling, simply because they'd fif into my career skills well, but not sure I can find the time/energy to do so. We'll see.

I do enjoy coming here, discussing the games and mods, sharing ideas, encouraging the talented mod authors, and providing whatever support I am able.

I'm really excited to see what this community can bring to Fallout 4!