I recently installed Oblivion along with OBMM, OBSE, and a few mods.

The mods are:

Blockhead

Oblivion Character Overhaul 2 (With the eyelash fix)

Oblivion Reloaded

Elven Map Redux 2

DarkUId DarN 16

Qarl's Texture Pack 3

Fast Exit 2

Unoffical Oblivion Patch

Unoffical SI Patch

Unoffical Offical Mods Patch

So none of the mods change the game too much other then making it look better. I didn't mess around with any of the .ini files (exculding changing where the Sneak Eye is located in DarkUId DarN.) So the reason I know why OBSE is crashing my game (seemingly at random, when walking, and sometimes when autosaving, but not evertime the game autosaves) and the game itself is not crashing is because when I run the via OBSE the game crashes. So I tried running the game via Oblivion.exe, and the game did not crash, however mods such as Oblivion Character Overhaul does not function in the normal Oblivion.exe, but the entire time I played with Oblivion.exe the game did not crash; so I switched back to OBSE, and the game started crashing again.

If any of you have any suggestions that would be very appreciated.

Edited by mogiethefirst

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, is there anyway to fix the crash on exit? Also, can someone help me with the screen going completely black for like half a second during loads? Another similar problem I'm having is that the HUD and my character will stop for about half a second for no reason sometimes. It's quite annoying and I'd like to fix. Thank you.

hmm.... let me share

Fast Exit for your Crash on exit problem

Oblivion stutter remover for your stability

HUD status bar for replace original hud with the much much better ones

and about your black screen problem.....

I think the origin of the problem is your Graphics control panel, like me example....

I using nvdia and I turn off antialiasing, and many techie rendering that causing Oblivion to tearing black screen or anything

This is trial and error so I can't give you support more than this, setting that I used for play this game is on Performance solely

good luck buddy~

hmm.... let me share

Fast Exit for your Crash on exit problem

Oblivion stutter remover for your stability

HUD status bar for replace original hud with the much much better ones

and about your black screen problem.....

I think the origin of the problem is your Graphics control panel, like me example....

I using nvdia and I turn off antialiasing, and many techie rendering that causing Oblivion to tearing black screen or anything

This is trial and error so I can't give you support more than this, setting that I used for play this game is on Performance solely

good luck buddy~

Thanks a ton, mate. The black screen problem only occurred after I installed Oblivion Reloaded, though. I'm trying to figure out what exactly is causing it and what I can do to stop it.

Edited by harmsway1