Mods will not work after doing all the necessary .ini edits

oldhairyone

I've edited the .ini files like so:

Fallout4Prefs.ini - bEnableFileSelection=1 right at the bottom, under Launcher

Fallout4.ini - changed line 88 to sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\ (basically added the bits after STRINGS\

The .ini files are not Read Only, as well as the Fallout4.ini located in the game directory, in case that mattered.

I've tried using NMM to install the mods, and also installing them manually by extracting them into the Data folder. Nothing works.

.esp and .esm files work, such as Craftabke Ammunition and Faster Terminals. They load as plugins in NMM and are visible in the PLugin Manager in the launcher.

Can anybody help me to get mods working?

Thanks!

Edited by oldhairyone

Check if the files are in the proper directories. I have had the manager creating all the directories but not copying and installing the files in them. I had to manually do it.

Like I said, I've manually installed them all too. The manager even thinks they're all enabled.

I too have this problem. It's only loose-file mods like retextures and such that don't work. Plugins work fine.

All necessary ini tweaks have been made, everything's in the proper directories. It's very frustrating. What could possibly be causing this?

It's so weird that there are a large number of people with the issue.

I found the solution for me, and maybe for the others too!

SteamApps / common / Fallout 4 / Data

If you check there, there is another Fallout4.ini file. It seems like not everyone has that!

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\

Add this at the "sResourceDataDirsFinal" line, like on the other .ini files. And magic magic, it works now! =)

If you check there, there is another Fallout4.ini file. It seems like not everyone has that!

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\

Add this at the "sResourceDataDirsFinal" line, like on the other .ini files. And magic magic, it works now!

Nope :(

Is that .ini a really long file?

textures= off, esm = on -"therapy"

1.sequence Fallout4ini my games

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\,
MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\,
SHADERSFX\

2.loading save №1 original => exit => create new game character №2 => loading click "T" save character №1 original => wait a minute and 10

textures= off, esm = on -"therapy"

1.sequence Fallout4ini my games

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\,
MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\,
SHADERSFX\

2.loading save №1 original => exit => create new game character №2 => loading click "T" save character №1 original => wait a minute and 10

What?

Add this at the "sResourceDataDirsFinal" line, like on the other .ini files. And magic magic, it works now!

Nope :sad:

Is that .ini a really long file?

Yes it is a really really long file. It fixed it for me!