Mods will not work after doing all the necessary .ini edits

oldhairyone

I've fixed it. I validated files in Steam.

EDIT: Actually, no. That's not what fixed it. Disabling the more armour slots .esp fixed it.

Turns out the .esp I installed manually before getting the NMM was blocking all loose mods somehow.

Edited by oldhairyone

I found the solution for me, and maybe for the others too![/size]SteamApps / common / Fallout 4 / Data[/size]If you check there, there is another Fallout4.ini file. It seems like not everyone has that![/size]sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\[/size]Add this at the "sResourceDataDirsFinal" line, like on the other .ini files. And magic magic, it works now![/size]

Nope :sad:

Is that .ini a really long file?

Yes it is a really really long file. It fixed it for me!

I found the solution for me, and maybe for the others too![/size]SteamApps / common / Fallout 4 / Data[/size]If you check there, there is another Fallout4.ini file. It seems like not everyone has that![/size]sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\[/size]Add this at the "sResourceDataDirsFinal" line, like on the other .ini files. And magic magic, it works now! =)[/size]

So did you amend 3 ini files in total then?

I also can't get any loose-file mods to work. I correctly edited the ini's. I don't have the .ini other posters mentioned in the data file. I even edited the fallout4default.ini and no luck. I don't have either mod mentioned by the previous posters. I even disabled every mod in the launcher file selector and it didn't load any loose files. I checked the directory tree in the data file and it seems to be in order. It just won't load any loose file mods. Anybody have any suggestions? I'm going nuts here....