Do followers affect stealth?

voidpunker

Does the noise companions make affect enemies' ability to detect you? If I have a companion in power armor, are they going to limit my ability to be stealthy? Do different companions have different agility levels, and does this affect their ability to sneak?

I'm asking because I've been running with Deacon lately, and I want to know if I should be giving him shadowed armor.

dogmeat is your worst enemy ! his AI is the worst, the others are okay (haven't met all of them yet)

hard to say if it's is constant barking and whining or simplay because he runs everywhere without a care but he will definitely get you spotted

1st he goes where you aim so block doors, path, will run to whatever enemy you are stealthily aiming at

2nd his minimum range seems to be 1" so he blocks your movements all the time when you don't run

3rd when he's not super annoying you he go "greets" monsters (aka AGGRO in the mmorpg world) he then either gets disabled or run back to you

I don't play stealth but as he is now I want to bash his head in with a pipe wrench..oh wait thats what I just did before sending him back to stay forever alone at the red rocket (until someone makes a mod to fix his behavior)

4th oh yeah and he barks all the time, even if his noise wasn't noticed and I think it is it breaks all immersion anyway

I love dogs irl but no no no no worst ai ever

before F4 was released I spent one month playing new vegas, at least you could increase the distance between you and your companion and it also had working aggressive/passive mods

back on topic, to me it looks like they removed (destroy?) everything stats related, sneaking without the perk even with high agi does not work

sneaking or pickpocket = perks

unlike the companion have hidden perks they will never be able to sneak properly in this game

back on topic, to me it looks like they removed (destroy?) everything stats related, sneaking without the perk even with high agi does not work

sneaking or pickpocket = perks

unlike the companion have hidden perks they will never be able to sneak properly in this game

Actually I have high AGI/PER and not a single point in sneak so far. I'm able to sneak around as long as I use "walk mode" (capslock). When I get more points I will invest in perk that removes penalty for walking faster. Dogmeat doesn't cause me much trouble. I made him wear goggles with +1 PER, I wonder if this affects him in any way.

All AI effects stealth but Dogmeat is probably the worst. The best way I've found is to walk slowly and try not to short cut your way like jumping over fences, over window gaps or falling off a level or two, coz they'll mostly take the nearest route just to catch up with you and usually they don't do backtracking.