Free Mod Ideas!

Kobechet

I have a lot of ideas for mods and such all the time, and don't feel like bogging down chat with the explanations when the people that would like the idea probably aren't even on. Here I'll just post my ideas as I have them, only got a couple requests; if you use an idea tell me about it so's I can take a look at the cool new mod (and probably I'll want to use it), and if you see a mod that matches my idea perfectly tell me so I can take the idea down! Other then that, it's all good, I don't really need credit or anything, I just want to help cool mods happen! I don't really know how to mod or have buddies that can help so all of Nexus can be my friends!

-Armor Colors

I hate that when I turn my awesome shadowed combat armor to polymer because the stats are butt if I don't then I get stuck with some blade-runner reject white suit of bleh. Why no tertiary mod for color choices? This idea is simple, a crafting mod that adds the ability to choose an in-game texture for your armor regardless of the materials. All the assets are already in-game so it should be fairly easy, right? As I see it there's two good ways to do this; firstly you could make a new crafting section for your armor pieces that solely deals with the texture and is apart from the primary section all together, or secondly expand the primary modification section with different color choices for each level of material (example army green polymer, shadowed black polymer, etc). That way you can have the good stats and the color you want!

-Settler Names/Clothing Changes

I have 20 settlers on each of my settlements and holy cow I don't have time to remember all their faces. They each need to have jobs, or else they're just wasting my food! So I've heard the method of giving each individual worker their own hat or something to differentiate their positions in the settlement, but who has 100 sack cloth bags? I mean really? I think a mod that changes a no-name settler's name to farmer or adds a suffix or something when I assign them to a task would be brilliant. I could totally ring a bell and see who needs work and who needs gear for security work and yada yada. Alternatively, a mod that automatically changed the hat/headgear of a settler once you assign them a task (farmer hats for farmers, military hats and sunglasses for guards, etc) would be amazing as well if the name thing was impossible.

-Scrap Finder

This is more of a convenience thing and I don't know how practical it is but having a system similar to the in-game one where you can find certain types of scrap would be awesome. I would love a tweak where instead of finding a group of scrap related to a certain recipe, I could just have it highlight only aluminum stuff or only things with screws. No idea how the GUI would work, probably a MCM type deal would be needed before this would work simply, not sure.

-Clean Those Settlements!

I know that the "This-or-That Restored!" mods are inevitable, but I want a simple mod that just removes all the non-scrapable homes from places like Sanctuary and the like. I hate how I have this amazing Mad Max mega-fort and you look to the left at this crappy two-bedroom that look very much pre Ty Pennington. Gimme those lots! I wanna build a brand new town, not expand on the rotted corpse of society! I know this will be done sooner or later, but maybe talking about it will make it sooner rather then later? (also a lawnmower and weed-whacker here and there wouldn't hurt)

-Companion Finder

A interactive tool (similar in theory to the transportalponder from FNV in usability) that gives me a quest marker to a companion would be amazing. That way I can just go find them and not have to worry about trudging throughout this labyrinth of a settlement I've built trying to find them would be amazing. I activate the thing, a GUI comes up asking for the name of the person and I click it getting a quest to talk to them or something. Alternatively a console I use to move them to me or something would be great as well (kinda like the dismissal terminals from FNV as well).

-Leather Dog Armor and such for Dogmeat

Pretty much what it says on the tin, I liked this dog mod in Skyrim that let you use a Dawnguard Dog. Loved the armor they had and something similar would be sweet!

-Recon/Reflex Sight

I love the recon scope's functionality, but I hate scopes. It would be amazing if somebody could make a reflex sight, using the same model and everything as the in game reflex sights, that marked people like the recon scope. The crafting components can be the same as a short recon scope and the perks needed could be the same as well, then it would be much simpler to mark foes.

Edited by Kobechet