PSA: Latest Beta Update 1.2.33 Patch Disables Mods. Will disable them in Nexus Mod Manager also.

lunamoonraker

You can get around this easy! There is a file, plugins.txt

<your account path>\AppData\Local\Fallout4\plugins.txt

Right click on this, select properties. A window will pop open, keep it open.

Go into NMM and activate all of your mods.

Go back to the properties window of that file, check read only, and hit apply.

When you need to make changes to your mods, uncheck read only, make your changes, and then recheck read only.

Having read-only checked will prevent fallout from being able to disable your mods!

OK I guess I'm dense but I can't find this file.

why does bethesda do this, are they are out there to finally kill and dominate free modding community?

Nope, you don't understand what a beta is. It is NOT!!! intended as a release version. It is intended for testing the new features and bug fixes BEFORE they are released. By opting into the beta you are agreeing to help test the new features to help Beth find any new bugs. And beta testers are supposed to report the bugs back to Beth so they can be fixed. Later, when the bugs are worked out by the beta testers, then Beth will release a update that is intended for release. By forcing the beta to use mods, you are invalidating the entire purpose of the testing. If you are buggering the beta and running it with mods - please do NOT bother to report any bugs as that will be bad data for the Devs that are trying to make the new version usable. And may cause it to be even longer before the release version is available as they have to spend their time to filter the bogus bug reports instead of fixing the real ones. :wallbash:

A BETA version is expected to have bugs - that is the nature of a BETA. The purpose is to find AND REPORT those bugs so they can be fixed. :thumbsup: What this means is - IF you insist on using the beta, with or without mods, and it wrecks your game - please don't be whining to Beth ( or us) because you opted to use the TEST version of the game. :rolleyes:

Luckily, Steam has a system in place that allows you to roll back to the non beta stable version just by disabling the beta participation. :tongue:

You can get around this easy! There is a file, plugins.txt

<your account path>\AppData\Local\Fallout4\plugins.txt

Right click on this, select properties. A window will pop open, keep it open.

Go into NMM and activate all of your mods.

Go back to the properties window of that file, check read only, and hit apply.

When you need to make changes to your mods, uncheck read only, make your changes, and then recheck read only.

Having read-only checked will prevent fallout from being able to disable your mods!

OK I guess I'm dense but I can't find this file.

OK I found it, it's in your Users dir. But I'm finding that you have to do this each time you play the game, once the game exits the plugins.txt file is no longer read only, so you have to do this each time before you play.

Edited by Talon111

why does bethesda do this, are they are out there to finally kill and dominate free modding community?

Nope, you don't understand what a beta is. It is NOT!!! intended as a release version. It is intended for testing the new features and bug fixes BEFORE they are released. By opting into the beta you are agreeing to help test the new features to help Beth find any new bugs. And beta testers are supposed to report the bugs back to Beth so they can be fixed. Later, when the bugs are worked out by the beta testers, then Beth will release a update that is intended for release. By forcing the beta to use mods, you are invalidating the entire purpose of the testing. If you are buggering the beta and running it with mods - please do NOT bother to report any bugs as that will be bad data for the Devs that are trying to make the new version usable. And may cause it to be even longer before the release version is available as they have to spend their time to filter the bogus bug reports instead of fixing the real ones. :wallbash:

A BETA version is expected to have bugs - that is the nature of a BETA. The purpose is to find AND REPORT those bugs so they can be fixed. :thumbsup: What this means is - IF you insist on using the beta, with or without mods, and it wrecks your game - please don't be whining to Beth ( or us) because you opted to use the TEST version of the game. :rolleyes:

Luckily, Steam has a system in place that allows you to roll back to the non beta stable version just by disabling the beta participation. :tongue:

i thought it was crystal clear from comments previously posted by other users that:

WE ARE NOT ON BETA.

we're on official patch 1.2

i didnt even opt in beta.

Nope, you don't understand what a beta is. It is NOT!!!intended as a release version. It is intended for testing the new features and bug fixes BEFORE they are released. By opting into the beta you are agreeing to help test the new features to help Beth find any new bugs. And beta testers are supposed to report the bugs back to Beth so they can be fixed. Later, when the bugs are worked out by the beta testers, then Beth will release a update that is intended for release. By forcing the beta to use mods, you are invalidating the entire purpose of the testing. If you are buggering the beta and running it with mods - please do NOT bother to report any bugs as that will be bad data for the Devs that are trying to make the new version usable. And may cause it to be even longer before the release version is available as they have to spend their time to filter the bogus bug reports instead of fixing the real ones. :wallbash:

No need to be condescending, especially when you are incorrect considering we are out of beta and Beth is deleting posts describing work arounds on their forums.

Still does not work.

I have tried swapping names for Fallout4 .EXE and Fallout4 launcher.

I have tried setting loadorder.txt and plugins.txt to read only. Mods stay checked, but do not show up in game.

I have tried launching directly from NMM.

I have tried starting Fallout 4 from NMM then enabling the mods in the mods list before hitting play.

Also I have never opted in for Beta.

This issue started yesterday and I had no problems with my mods working beforehand, is there somthing I am missing?