NMM and F4SE

dspeed

Hey guys, hope you are all still active lol

I followed the steps to make f4se and nmm work together but i input the wrong pathway in the directory and now it wont even open my f4 nmm.

I can do basic modding but i struggled with understanding what to do on this.

Any help on how to correct myself would be great.

Thanks in advance

i had the same problem just fixed it by selecting re-scan installed games with nmm and it corrected its self i hope this help out and finds you well, cheers!

• 2 months later...

Just to double check this here; you want me to change the path in the red box to directly link to the EXE of F4SE, then launch the game using the button in the blue box?

http://i.imgur.com/crRK6qf.png

I've just tried this and F4SE didn't launch, and then when I attempted to start NMM again it seemed to think that f4se_loader.exe was the directory and complained that I had no data within it.

You say you're using 0.1.1, was that a typo for 0.61.1 or am I on a strange version?

what would i need to put into the command box?

I followed the steps to make f4se and nmm work together but i input the wrong pathway in the directory and now it wont even open my f4 nmm. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO I JUST WANT TO PLAY MY GAME. HOW DO I FIX IT. HOW DO I PUT IT BACK TO ITS DEFAULT DIRECTORY THAT NEXUS PICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I followed the steps to make f4se and nmm work together but i input the wrong pathway in the directory and now it wont even open my f4 nmm. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO I JUST WANT TO PLAY MY GAME. HOW DO I FIX IT. HOW DO I PUT IT BACK TO ITS DEFAULT DIRECTORY THAT NEXUS PICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm having the same issue by following the above advice...

But I've worked out how to un-break Nexus mod manager (NMM) if you're having this problem:

1. NMM is trying to make a directory called "f4se_loader.exe" but there is a file there called the same thing! So.....
  2. Find `f4se_loader.exe` and rename it to `f4se_loader--backup.exe`
  3. Open NMM again -- now it can make a folder called `f4se_loader.exe`
  4. But you'll get a new error this time -- NMM will say it can't find the game in that folder and will want to re-scan.
  5. Let it re-scan for games and follow the normal setup process for NMM.
  6. !-- NMM should work now --!
  7. Clean up --
    1. Delete the folder NMM made called `f4se_loader.exe`
    2. rename `f4se_loader--backup.exe` back to `f4se_loader.exe`

Doing this should resolve your NNM crashes

But I'll still unable to workout how to link F4SE to NMM without causing this bug.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

[edit]

ANSWER!!!

I updated NMM and now auto magically have an option to launch with F4SE!

(•̀ᴗ•́)و ̑̑

Edited by hoax2

• 5 months later...

I'm having the same issue by following the above advice...

But I've worked out how to un-break Nexus mod manager (NMM) if you're having this problem:

1. NMM is trying to make a directory called "f4se_loader.exe" but there is a file there called the same thing! So.....
  2. Find `f4se_loader.exe` and rename it to `f4se_loader--backup.exe`
  3. Open NMM again -- now it can make a folder called `f4se_loader.exe`
  4. But you'll get a new error this time -- NMM will say it can't find the game in that folder and will want to re-scan.
  5. Let it re-scan for games and follow the normal setup process for NMM.
  6. !-- NMM should work now --!
  7. Clean up --
    1. Delete the folder NMM made called `f4se_loader.exe`
    2. rename `f4se_loader--backup.exe` back to `f4se_loader.exe`

Doing this should resolve your NNM crashes

But I'll still unable to workout how to link F4SE to NMM without causing this bug.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

[edit]

ANSWER!!!

I updated NMM and now auto magically have an option to launch with F4SE!

(•̀ᴗ•́)و ̑̑

Where can I find the option to launch with F4SE?

According with NMM I already have the last version but I can´t find the option you mentioned

• 2 months later...

ok so i had the same issues as everyone else with the new F4SE .05 update, i got it all to work to install anyway... now its a matter of my game not even loading because i assume several of my 300+ mods use F4SE and have not been updated yet..

so...

is there an easy way to know what mod exactly uses F4SE? i have been updating mods that indicate an update but thats all i can do...

i want to play...

is there an easy way to know what mod exactly uses F4SE? i have been updating mods that indicate an update but thats all i can do...

else then looking at the mod page description / requirements on NM? i don't think so. but i believe F4SE states when a certain Mod is outdated resp. if it is outdated it will say it requires an earlier version of fallout 4 Version (older than CC Update Version 1.10.20.0).

Edited by maverikch