Playable Synth Character

shoecannon

I understand this will porbably be unlikely until the GECK is released but here it is anyway.

Alternate start - Disposed body at the archjet facility or a waste dump.

Begin as gen 2 skeletal frame synth.

Use armorer/science perks to build parts for your body, to look human and for def/res.

Cannot use armor layers (for balancing)

NPC’s and traders are hostile to you until you are passable as a human.

Have cybernetic upgrades to replace power armor skills. (increased fusion core use when active)

Trigger main story by massacring sanctuary and killing players old ‘main’ character and impersonate him/her to find and destroy the institute.

Getting damaged will destroy parts, like enemy synths – requires maintenance to be able to pass as human.

HARDMODE
-require fusion cores to survive (deplete at a much slower rate than vanilla)

-limbs can be lost in combat, disabling movement.

i figured since the damage visuals are already in place for enemy synths it saves a lot of work and all that reall needs to be done is make them a playable race.

Not sure I'm a fan of the mechanics of this. I am hoping to see a port of the Daughters of Ares (with a male variant, too, please) mod to FO4 from FO:NV, though. :)

Something similar allowing you to play a ghoul by adding textures in place of scars/blemishes and using the ghoul assets for the body in a mod would be nice, too (and the ghoul perk!). :)