Mod Request: Better NPC Pacification

Proa

As of right now, if you use a maxed out pacification perk (Animal Friend, Wasteland Whisperer, Intimidation, and Robotics Expert) on a target, then they become somewhat of a half follower with many restrictions. They will abide by your commands, but will eventually leave, bug out, or get shot dead by your own settlers when they come into town. So I was wondering if it would be possible to make pacified NPC's into full-time followers like Nick or Danse, but kill-able of course.

Now I understand that intimidating a human should eventually lead to them leaving, but what's to stop me from having a permanent follower through Animal Friend, Wasteland Whisperer, and Robotics Expert? Just like normal followers, they should be able to interact and boost settlement population. I'd love to be able to increase Graygarden's robot population with Sentry Bot guard's and Protectron workers, or perhaps have a Deathclaw guard dog in Sanctuary Hills.

Edited by Proa

I can imagine it would be very good idea to work on that aspect and make it more complex.

Like for example create some small plots and dialogues, that allow you some kind of role play. Make a pool of different scenarios and make the game pick one randomly every time you pacify. One character could pretend to cooperate and turn against you at one point, shoot you in the back with critical. This would add some risk to the perk. Another could get stockholm syndrome and become avaliable as permanent companion, or some kind of worshipper. And... I will say this over and over - SLAVERY. You know, the thing entire Fallout 1 and 2 world revolved around. There are more options like that, which make new gameplay. Your ideas to recruit robots and deathclaws are cool too. There is lots of place for improvement, since Bethesda left it half done like many things in this game.

Yeah Cyber, I would love to have the concept of slavery back in Fo4, like with Paradise Falls in Fo3. Also, I think each type of enemy could have different factors involved with being a companion. Of course a hacked robot will be instantly loyal, permanently, but a human could betray you at any moment like you said.