Tutorial for building NMM installer scripts.

ShinraStrife

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey i tried your guide and i found it really usefull but when i tested my installer in NMM it didnt work at all i dont know what went wrong and i was wondering if you could help me

Upload your mod somewhere and PM me with a link. I'll give it a look over.

• 2 weeks later...

hey i tried your guide and i found it really usefull but when i tested my installer in NMM it didnt work at all i dont know what went wrong and i was wondering if you could help me

It's been a while so I'm guessing you got the problem solved?

• 4 weeks later...

Updated. - The same screenshot won't load. I think it's because a moderator blocked it because of my desktop background. I have uploading it without my desktop in the background this time so please don't block it. Thanks.

Thanks, this looks great.

My current mods aren't complicated enough to require one of these, but I'm bookmarking it for when I do need one.

Thank you!

Nice tool! I know that learning XML isn't for everyone so I'll add this to the tutorial as a recommended alternative. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

This is really well written and I like the way you teach this. The bit of advice about typing rather than copypaste. When I saw you lay out the <installsteps> and group first, and then go on to fill it in, I was also delighted. I had found another guide from the FNV and Skyrim days that I used to first learn this stuff a couple of days ago, but I am gonna be going back through this again to cement and broaden my understanding.

My only suggestion so far would be to eventually provide a .pdf or other reader-formatted file of this, for more local-friendly viewing alongside an editor. Not that it's difficult to do this for yourself if yer gonna be going so far as to build an XML, but an author-supplied version would be nice.

All in all, thanks very much for taking the time to lay this out for everyone! Something like this should be stickied, or at least added to a stickied compilation.

Thanks. :D I'll make a PDF eventually.

I need a break from 3d modeling so I'll probably get a pdf made tonight.