unite or not  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think there should be a option to united the factions against the insitution or other factions.

I dislike the fact the BOS in this game have the west coast BOS mentally. Basically, murders and hypocites. I perfer the new East Coast mentally, where actually try to build up wasteland. I wish there a way to convice or united the commonwealth against the insitution intead choosing one of 3 factions to kill the factions. I maybe in the minitory one this issue.

What is your opinion? (please don't troll, flame, and/or spam)

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend. It may make for an uneasy alliance -- e.g. the USA, UK, and the USSR allying against Germany in WW2 -- but it is totally plausible. If everyone that is NOT the Institute views the Institute as an enemy, it stands to reason that they could conceivably set the differences aside to present a unified front against the Institute. At least until the Institute is no more. (Or until the uneasy alliance breaks down when some hot heads in two allied groups decide "The enemy in front of me NOW should be dealt with NOW!")

I'm actually against the idea... Not because i think it's a bad one, but because i think it doesn't represent the attitudes, outlooks or motivations of the factions involved. Forcing them into a cooperative model because you personally think it's a good idea (which i agree with, the problem would be so much easier to solve if people would just work together) doesn't really lend its self to the feel of a real world. Everyone bowing to your infinite wisdom because you've got a camera floating behind your head. Making them all subservient to your PC will doesn't really do anything to establish them as independent factions with their own agendas.

People don't get along far more often than they do. The 'Enemy of my Enemy' notion is more a reminder that sometimes you CAN work together than a constant rule of engagement.

I'd rather the realistic pigheadedness, and the teeth grinding frustration as i want to plug Maxon in the back of the head, than to have the people of the Commonwealth act totally out of character just because i say so.

Bethesda took alot of flak in FO3 by making the Brotherhood so friendly. Having them return to their west coast values puts them more in line with original lore. In a way, it makes perfect sense for the eastern branch to change. After the expansions for FO3, the BOS had full run of the Capital Wasteland and a whole store of military resources from the enclave remnants that were destroyed. This led them to become a more substantial military power since they were not as dependent on the kindness of settlements in the area for survival. From the Macready's dialogues and many of the terminals you can see that they pretty much took over killing anything that did not fit their ideals or bend to their will. This feels very intentional, making fans of the Brotherhood from FO3 start to question their intentions while making all three main factions their own shade of gray.

The Institute has good intentions, but has been misdirected by generations of being underground and disconnected with the people of the commonwealth.

The BOS has a noble goal, but has become embittered and more fanatical in trying to achieve that goal.

The Railroad is trying to help, but is too involved with their whole cloak and dagger thing to care much about anything else.

The Minutemen have the least going for them outside the player's involvement, but are the only ones who actually seem interested in making things better for everyone without pushing some sort of agenda.

When I stop to think of it, given environmental factors and the quality of Communications would be really, really hard to maintain Quality Assurance over the widely scattered chapters. Then too, the BoS really is limited by a quite small population. Unless the BoS members breed faster than rabbits and other prolific rodents, they would be assured of a rapidly shrinking membership. Which strongly suggests that recruiting (competent, capable, and highly qualified) locals would quickly become required to keep the ranks filled.

The Outcasts were the true Brotherhood in FO3, Lyons and his merry band of social workers were a disgrace to the order.

I past one of them outcast large patrols one day.

One of them called me "local wildlife",... another "Wasteland trash..."

So i wiped them out....

I usually go the Institute way... Then. as leader of the Institute and the minute-men, I start wiping out the raiders and other "Wasteland trash..."