HD Reworked Project

• Please log in to reply
9729 replies to this topic

HalkHogan

HalkHogan

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,627 posts
In response to post #109419568. #109423273, #109425883, #109492868 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

I'm not back, I'm always here. :)
I don't have any details about HDRP Next Gen yet.
Thanks my friend!

Edited by HalkHogan, 19 May 2022 - 04:02 PM.

SomeRandomGuyIdc

SomeRandomGuyIdc

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey. I was trying to install this mod using Vortex but then when the download finished it said that the archive is broken and that it can't be installed. The thing is that the other day I tried to install it as well and when I did it although with some other mods the game would open only in the background. And the only way I found that out was using task manager. So I had to reinstall the whole game. So to finally ask... What can I do in order for this mod to work?

Edited by SomeRandomGuyIdc, 20 May 2022 - 07:34 PM.

ElementaryLewis

ElementaryLewis

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
In response to post #109536943.

Spoiler

You have to install manually all the 4 parts (not the all-in-one) and install Mod Limit Adjuster.

krull32

krull32

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
In response to post #109419568. #109423273, #109425883, #109492868, #109494603 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

ah that's too complicated for me. I played all the years without mod manager or mod priority and it worked well.
I also dont get why you put for example besserwisser scrips 100 and besserwisser 105, why not 101 ?

Or for example brothers in arm are a few files, all set o 30 ?
Cant i simply make 1 till 70 ?

Edited by krull32, 21 May 2022 - 01:39 PM.

ElementaryLewis

ElementaryLewis

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
In response to post #109419568. #109423273, #109425883, #109492868, #109494603, #109563618 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

?Hello. What are they better at? Explain because I'm curious. HDRP only has a few reworked animals/monsters, so if you HDRP put on top, other secondary modifications will fill the gaps.

Don't get it wrong, your mod is incredible. But other Texture Mod are great too. If krull32 is able to install another mod, has to choose which texture by setting the priority order. I myself have been using different texture mod that conflict yours.

?ah that's too complicated for me. I played all the years without mod manager or mod priority and it worked well.
I also dont get why you put for example besserwisser scrips 100 and besserwisser 105, why not 101 ?

Or for example brothers in arm are a few files, all set o 30 ?
Cant i simply make 1 till 70 ?

It's once you get it you will able to manage your mod installation and priority order. I was in the same situation as your the first time I arrived here.
I recommend to set the order in a discounted order because you might install new mod but conflict with other, so you have enough space to resolve the conflict.
And why Besserwisser at such lower priority? Because they contains bundle and texture cache that conflict lots of mods. It could be a great mess since this mod is a little bit broken now.

B0AH1907

B0AH1907

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
It's been said many times before but I must say it again, amazing mod! I know Halk is working with CDPR and that the next update of the mod won't be released until CDPR launches the next gen version of the game but I can't wait to see how the world will look then, absolute perfection.

Tebeas

Tebeas

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
In response to post #109642808.

Spoiler

The 'next' gen version of witcher 3 is in development hell and will most likely be cancelled

I could write for hours but basically, the studio behind the remaster in the first place, saber interactive, got 'fired' from the project because... Their headquarters are in Russia... Yeah, that is the only reason...

Over 169 out of the 320 cdpr devs in the witcher 3 credits are no longer working at the studio, I would say that about over 95% of the people responsible for the red engine in the first place are not longer working there, hence no one in the studio knows how to operate red engine anymore, that's why they are switching to unreal for witcher 4

Simple logic, how can they make something good if they do not even know how to use the tools to make something in the first place?

And their new 'diverse' workforce, well, I mean, yeah...

Other than that, you already saw cyberpunk, I can assure you that the quality of the products cdpr delivers will only decrease as the time goes on

What does it mean for HDRP? No one but hank knows, I do not know if he made a deal with cdpr or signed any contracts, hence I do not know what will happen when the remaster gets cancelled or turns out to be a huge mess (it will)

I just hope that he still owns full rights of the project and will continue to work on it

Edited by Tebeas, 28 May 2022 - 05:56 PM.

Ivillath

Ivillath

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello, this is my first time using HDRP & attempting to fully mod TW3. I wanted to thank you for this great mod, it's subtle but many changes make the game look so much sharper and better. I'm confused by the "rendering.ini" and "rendering.xml" changes though, and I wanted to get some clarification about this if possible.

My GPU is a GTX 1650 Super (4GB VRAM) & my Monitor has a 1920x1080 27" screen. I can run the vanilla game at a stable 60FPS without any dips on maxed out Ultra settings, if I turn off Hairworks I can hold a 75FPS lock without any stutter. Even after installing a lot of bug fixes/restored content/quality of life/graphical mods outside of HDRP I had zero problems with holding the same numbers. I then installed HDRP without enabling the rendering tweaks, and the game ran at the same frame rates with zero dips.

The problem happened when I added the "rendering.ini/xml", for some reason I have stuttering almost everywhere when I enable "Halk Ultra HD", I'm assuming it's because I'm hitting the VRAM Cap. If I lower the setting back down to "Ultra" I have 0 stuttering. The weirdest thing is that I see absolutely zero difference between the two, I tried recording the screens, screenshotting and zooming in. And I literally can't spot any difference between the two settings, despite the stutter when I run on Halk Ultra HD. I'm very confused about this, is the mod not working for me or is there no difference on a 1920x1080 monitor upscaling the textures to 4K.

TLDR: Is it impossible to notice a difference between "Halk Ultra HD" and "Vanilla Ultra" settings on a 1920x1080 screen, or is my mod not working and there's supposed to be a major difference between the two in-game settings.

ElementaryLewis

ElementaryLewis

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
In response to post #109843928.

Spoiler

HDRP works for every graphic preset, whether is low or high. But of course you will notice easily the difference with "Ultra Halk".

However the "Ultra Halk" works only with the separated parts, not the All-In-One in the main files. Moreover, as you guess, it consumes more GPU VRAM. Recommended to have 8 GB to put graphical setting beyond Ultra.

So keep the Ultra setting and the mod, it will greatly benefit.

Ivillath

Ivillath

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
In response to post #109843928. #109849358 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

I suppose I'll just stick to Vanilla-Ultra settings & the mod then, it looks nicer than vanilla and runs the same. I do find it odd how the game stutters so much on Halk-Ultra but doesn't change looks wise whatsoever for me, lol. What's the difference between the All-In-One and the Seperate Parts? From what I see on Nexus File Check they both contain the same files (Bin, Vanilla Bin, HDReworked1/2/3/4).

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.984 seconds