The Elder Scrolls: The Dark Isles (Bloodborne inspired mod for Skyrim)

doctorwhovian137

So i have had an idea for a mod for quite a while now and i am willing to work on it. However i need to know if people actually want this. I have made a poll on strawpoll.net so people can vote whether or not they want me to make this mod. If you want to help me with ideas for locations, story, etc message me. You can message me on either Facebook or on the Nexux. If enough people want to help me i'll make a chatroom where all of us can work together on it and sometimes just talk about unrelated s*** xD. Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6112473 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luca.dehaas.1

EDIT: There is no need in contacting me since i'll be working on this alone for a while.

Edited by doctorwhovian137

Interesting idea but if you want to make a mod you need to do it because you yourself enjoy modding, not just because other people want it...

Also have you ever created a mod before or do you have any modding skills? Making a large mod like you are suggesting is going to take a ton of time (as in several months) and if you expect people to assist you then you need to possess modding knowledge yourself, or better yet, have a good modding reputation.

New people always have these grand ideas but they don't really know what kind of work it requires to make a mod, and others are rarely willing to help unless that specific modder is well known and has a good reputation (due to the fact that he already created several popular mod).

Ive seen several grand projects go down the river just because of the enormous task it was, and due to many complication they encountered during the creation of the mod.

Those project has several people working on them and still they had to throw up the white flag in the end.

I don't mean to bring you down or anything, but you have to be realistic about it cause making stuff up in your head is easy, actually bringing it to life in a good working mod that doesn't cause peoples game to crash or give other issues is HARD.

Edited by Guest

I have experience with both the G.E.C.K and the Creation Kit since i've been using them for personal uses. Just the basics mostly. I have a friend who worked on a mod for a while but eventually had to cancel it and the same happened to me once when i was working on a mod for Fallout: New Vegas. He teaches me lots of things and encourages me to make this mod since he himself worked on one but had to cancel it and he doesn't want me to do the same thing twice. He is way too busy with college so he only has time to give me quick lessons which is why he isn't working with me on this. I have had this idea for a while and i really want to work on it but because of personal reasons i almost always feel like i have to ask for someone's permission before i do something which is why i made the poll. I know it's hard to get people to help you which is why i've been thinking and i'll be working a lot with the Creation Kit to show what i can do so i can convince people to work with me. Thanks a lot Ac3s for letting me know your opinion on this since it has helped me quite a lot thinking more realistically.