Perk/swf relation?

ShinraStrife

I added a new perk and want to try my artist skill (or lack thereof) at an animated pipboy for my new perk. I see a lot of PerkClip_xxxxxx.swf in the extracted interface.ba2 but from what I can tell there is nothing telling the game which pipboy animation to play for the perk being viewed. I've looked through some decompiled animation swf's and inside the PERK records and cant find the relation.

Any advice from someone who's done this before?

My guess would be that after a lower dash there's a form id. For example PerkClip_4a09f.swf corresponds to gunslinger perk with FormID(004a09f). Might be hardcoded.

That wouldn't make sense if bethesda has kept to their "support for modders" sales pitch.

Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit! I've found it.

In the PERK entry FNAM - Unknown field, right after NNAM - Next perk, can be added or edited to contain path to swf. Just tried changing gunslinger vaultboy to solarpowered (added that FNAM entry, pasted Components\VaultBoys\Perks\PerkClip_4d8a7.swf) and it worked (my gunslinger icon changed to solarpowered).

Edited by DominusSicarum

In the PERK entry FNAM - Unknown field, right after NNAM - Next perk, can be added or edited to contain path to swf. Just tried changing gunslinger vaultboy to solarpowered (added that FNAM entry, pasted Components\VaultBoys\Perks\PerkClip_4d8a7.swf) and it worked (my gunslinger icon changed to solarpowered).

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar! Many thanks friend.

For some reason it didn't work. I see some perks have the path to the swf file stored in their VMAD sub-record. I hate hex editing >.<

Nvm. I thought I had to convert the string to hexadecimal. I really don't get FNAM records. In some records you have to enter hexadecimal values, but in PERK records I don't have to? I need to call it a night before I get a headache XD

Edited by ShinraStrife