Sound Mods not working

Suxmar

So up until now all the mods I've installed are working perfectly fine except mods that replace sounds (lvl-up sound, exp-gain-sound etc.)

I extracted them in the right directory and changed the "sResourceDataDirsFinal" to include sound mods but to no avail.

Is there anything else I'm missing?

Please help...

Make sure in your ini the included paths are set to include SOUND\ not SOUNDS\

(I know - everything else is plural)

I stupidly copied and pasted from someone else and they had this error which caused a sound based mod I was working on to appear not to work (facepalm)

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MESHES\, FACEGEN\, INTERFACE\, SOUND\, SCRIPTS\, MAXHEIGHTS\, VIS\, GRASS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, MISC\, SHADERSFX\, PROGRAMS\

NOT

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MESHES\, FACEGEN\, INTERFACE\, SOUNDS\, SCRIPTS\, MAXHEIGHTS\, VIS\, GRASS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, MISC\, SHADERSFX\, PROGRAMS\

That's because you're looking at the wrong fallout4.ini file, it's a common mistake many people just don't explain in mod instruction manuals. You shouldn't modity the ini file in the game data file but in your documents. On my PC the path is this: Computer/My Documents/ My Games/ Fallout 4 and that's where you'll find the correct ini file to modify as stated above.

I have this same issue and I tried everything, manual install definitely DOES NOT WORK for me. I checked and NMM installs the mods the exact same way I would manually do it and the way they come in the .zips. The folders all look right. My .ini is set up right and everything else works, I just can't get any kind of sound mod to work. It's driving me insane.

I just tried out the True Storms mod which comes as an .esp so the folders can't be wrong and even with this mod I don't get any new sounds. I can see the rain but I can't hear anything.

Edited by dsc0080