Link to Nexus Wiki How to use NMM for FO4 mods.

bben46

Purge unmanaged files with Nexus Mod Manager 0.61.8 on a steam installation, deleted the high resolution pack. so... that's weird.

Fallout 4 Steam version 1.9.4.0 Beta, as of 15th of April 2017, I guess NMM did not recognize the beta version of the High Resolution Texture Pack?

Backup files validated without error.

Edited by Zamisay

• 1 month later...

It also appears to do it on the release version as well. I guess I'll be re-downloading that for the next 2 hours. I know there's a warning but I wasn't expecting it to purge official dlc. Would be nice if it at least moved files to the recycle bin, but oh well at least now I know to avoid that feature for fallout 4 at least. Love it for skyrim though - very helpful in cleaning up after uninstalling and before reinstalling a bunch of mods without having to wipe and reinstall the game. Know it's not perfect but it's *usually* pretty darned effective.

• 4 weeks later...

i have a problem with installing mods when i try to install a mod it says this: the old fallout4.ini edit is causing long loading times please remove it from your .ini file set it as sResourceDataDirsFinal=

(nothing after the '=')

i checked it and there was nothing after it

please help

• 8 months later...

What you also need is read descriptions of mods on how to install and -especially- uninstall them and what to do in case you got forgetfull and lost some WorkShop menus due to uninstalling a mod in the wrong way.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have one request, Some one to help me add in and set up nexsus. Sp I can play it like I relay like. I like to have some good graphics and better looking game and also use some adult mods. The reason I am asking nice to anyone. Is i have played this game and trued everything i know on how to get things to work to a point. But i never have relay been able to get it all set from fin to body slide to what I like to see. so if there is anyone that would like to work one on one with me to start from fresh. I would relay like the help. Also if you are on steam. I can send or gift you something for all the help. So I hope I can find someone who is a lot better at this then me. I have read and trued to follow every thing told me to look at. but i also still have the problem to a point. I also like to set skyrim up to. but one at a time. Thank you. Please don't send me to another forum to do what i already tried thanks again. Help please

I like to say one thing about the read directions. If you know what they are talking about and how to do it on some mods. But if you don't know what they mean. Kinda doesn't help. Plus some are not as good with computers then others and not all computers are listed the same as the directions. So in turn you need to ask for help and that is what I am asking.

• 3 months later...

Well, looks like a lot more are reading the directions. But still things don't work. Even Wiki has old info. So in turn if Nexus doesn't have the option to help update things and the madders do not post or update the mods. The forums do not work. because I got the same thing I always do. Old info. Even the off site mods you need do not have updates or does not tell you were to find them. So around we all go. It is a loop that never seams to end. I am not trying to say bad things about anyone. I just want to be able to play the game with the mods that are listed. Some madders like placeable items. Had info they went to Bathusda to get money for there mods. witch in turns kills the mod. But yet it is still listed. So thanks for the info. but it is the same as i have looked at many times. I am still just playing the ones i can. So please do not have people go to places to find info. all it does is mess things up more. Thanks you though. Disappointing. but thanks for trying.

• 3 years later...