Fallout 3 Graphical glitch help after installing mods?

Xeroni9

I just bought and installed Fallout 3 GOTY, and added a ton of mods, and after escaping Vault 101, my Wasteland permanently, even during the daytime looks like this. http://i.imgur.com/l6rBnPd.jpg

How do I fix this? Is there a bad mix of mods somewhere?

My mod list is the following:

Archive Invalidation

Better Hi Res Skill Books

Darnified UI

DC Interiors Project

DYNAVISION

Enhanced Blood Textures

Enhanced Night Sky

Enhanced Weather and Snow

EVE - Energy Visuals Enhanced

Fallout 3 - Re-animated

Fallout 3 - Resdesigned - Formerly Project Beauty

Fallout 3 Street Lights

Fallout Stutter Remover

Fellout

HairPack

HiRes Weapons

MTUI

NMC Texture Pack

Pipboy 3000 HD Retexture

Realistic Gunshot Sounds

Realistic Headshots

Realistic Weapon Damages

Sprint Mod

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch

Weapon Modkits

Weight Rebalance

Edited by Xeroni9

Hi,

I ignore your level of confidence with Fallout 3 and Bethesda games in general, so I'll start with a dumb question. No offense is meant.

Are you sure to have placed all mod files in the correct folders?

And then more questions, not as dumb:

Have you cleaned your mods with FO3Edit?
Have you sorted the load order with BOSS? I don't know if LOOT also works with Fallout 3. But if it does, then LOOT is a better choice than BOSS for sorting your load order.

Last, but not least, before activating this many mods, have you checked if there are known incompatibilities with one another? Many mods, each cool and dandy on its own, won't like one another when put together. It's your responsibility to pick an appropriate selection.

In your shoes I'd have enabled those mods one by one and observe the game for a while before deciding to activate more mods.

Having said that, weather mods typically affect exterior lighting and sky appearence (like in your case), so I'd begin by disabling those and see if the problem goes away.
Try with turning these 2 off:
- Enhanced Night Sky
- Enhanced Weather and Snow

Umm... weather mods usually introduce custom scripts. To disable these mods without side-effects there MIGHT be a suggested procedure to follow. If that's the case, the mod author has surely detailed it somewhere. It could be mentioend in the mods' readme... or also in the mods web page on the Nexus... or in the mods' comments section. Be sure to find it and do as you're told -- don't just disable the mod or you might end up harming your game.

If the problem is cured, you're probably on the right track to find the root of the problem. Then, who knows, maybe there's a fix.

In closing, I see in your mods list the "Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch" (UFO3P). If you didn't forget the word "Updated", then you're using the wrong patch, for UFO3P is older than dirt.
The "Updated Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch" (UUFO3P) is a better pick since you have the GOTY edition. But here I'm assuming that you have activated *all* the DLC. If you haven't, or don't want to, you can't use the UUFO3P and you're better off with the old UFO3P.
Should you be unfamiliar with terms like FO3Edit, BOSS, LOOT... google is your friend. This not to be a jackass. The tutorials on the internet are way better than my words.

Fallout 3 is a beautiful game. It can be heavily modded and it can work wonderfully. Don't be discouraged by this little sky problem. You'll sort it out :smile: