Danneyo

The game doesn't allow for round worlds, a crater with that in it will work fine. I was under the impression you were starting on the outside and could walk all the way around that.

Nah XD

Although something like that in the engine would be pretty sweet.

The Quests so far:

Note: All quests will have names referencing music terminology.

- Accesso Refrain:

This is the first quest of the mod, and begins the main story. The player finds a series of bodies, all the same boy. As he tracks them, he finds notes recanting the tales of the various bodies, until he finally finds an alive version, fighting against a deathclaw. The player can help the boy, at which point he will reveal himself to be Dave, tells the player about himself and his friends, and mention something about the player "getting them the hell out of here". From there, Dave will lead the player into a new area, known as the Crater, where a large meteor sits in the middle. The Crater is infested with creatures which must be dealt with before they can get inside. Once inside, Dave will tell you to talk to a girl there, Rose, who will begin the next mission.

- Deciso Calma

Rose will begin questioning the player on their knowledge of the surroundings, which she will begin recording in a book in the main crafting area. From there, she will explain their current situation: Most of the members of their party have scattered after months of little progress in returning to their journey. But, it seems like Rose knows more than she lets on, as she tells the player that the time is now right to round them back up. The first person that needs help is a boy named Karkat, who Rose has located. He is currently trapped in the middle of Boston, surrounded by angry super-mutants. From there, the player and Rose venture out into the city, making their way through their siege to find Karkat. As it turns out, he's been attempting to activate the security systems, but failed and ended up setting them on himself. The player and Rose must fight their way to him, and disable the security system. Once that's done, Rose will talk to karkat and explain the situation. After some arguing, he'll relent and go back to the asteroid.

Sounds like you have a lot of work cut out for yourself. Should be fun though.

I can't really offer to help you much, as I have my own team to worry about, but I do like to help out other modders when I can. If you want to private message me a list of what kind of assets you need to build, if I have any of them for my mod, I would be willing to share or possibly make some assets from scratch if it is something that interests me.

I take it your mod is gonna be pretty big. Some big mods (skyrim's frostfall mod for example) use a website or blog to list features, FaQ, development progress and other things. If you want such a thing; I'm very good with HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, and XML (all the things needed to make a pretty website) Plus I'm not bad at graphic design.

I'm also okay at Papyrus scripting.

Edited by ShinraStrife

I take it your mod is gonna be pretty big. Some big mods (skyrim's frostfall mod for example) use a website or blog to list features, FaQ, development progress and other things. If you want such a thing; I'm very good with HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, and XML (all the things needed to make a pretty website) Plus I'm not bad at graphic design.

I'm also okay at Papyrus scripting.

This is a very important point.

The amount of time I have spent trying to organize everything on my website was a huge commitment of energy... and I'm not even halfway done... But communication is key on a large project like this, you want every member of the team to be able to access the information they need at any time they need it. You don't want to get deep into a project and be spending half your day trying to send emails from one person and forwarding it to another just so everyone is on the same page.

Having your own space to organize information and easily share it with others is never a bad thing.

The amount of time I have spent trying to organize everything on my website was a huge commitment of energy... and I'm not even halfway done...

What are you using to build your site? Do you just use a text editor, or a WYSIWYG like Dreamweaver?

Been doing some testing in Fallout New Vegas. While the limitations are going to be different between the two games, as it stands, a slightly smaller asteroid will need multiple cells and a LOD even at the base to see it all. The model is low poly while i'm using a normal map of a very high poly model. Not sure if it's applied here honestly. I'll give it a varied grey texture later and actually see if it's working.

f4e1d324c0d56e89891c408130abfb4e.jpg

• 3 months later...

So! It's been like three months since I last updates this. My fault, entirely. In the meantime, however, i've been working on new models, quests, and integration; with Fallout 4's GECK just around the corner, i'm finishing up some prep-work before I can really get going. Stay tuned for more.