AP calculator for weapon/crafting

Wigglemaster

There is something that's been bothering me for quite some time with the Fallout 4 mechanics. It is the fact that AP cost of using a gun in V.A.T.S is not shown until you actually try to target something in V.A.T.S.

As many of the mods you add to a weapon affect this it would be useful if the weapon table would also show if it has a lower of higher AP cost.

Example:

Damage

<ammo type>

Fire Rate

Range

Accuracy

AP cost <---- add this here

Weight

Value

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Z_y9gV0ELemD-wram4QZJTJ-_1M=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4245657/Fallout4_E3_LaserMod.0.jpg

Anyone who is doing modding interested in taking this on?

• 2 weeks later...

YES. A thousand times yes. It really sucks hard that AP cost isn't shown from the crafting screen. Why the hell not? It's pretty important, for those who make lots of use of V.A.T.S. Seems like an oversight from the devs to me, since V.A.T.S. is a pretty central and defining part of the game.

If someone does take it on, some thought may have to go into whether "AP cost per action" or "AP cost per shot" is displayed; per-action is easier since the game uses this (e.g. an automatic weapon may often take more AP to use in V.A.T.S. than single-shot variant, but fires multiple bullets). So "AP cost per shot" is probably a more useful number to display.

But uhhh. Honestly I'm happy with anything, as it really sucks at the moment with no AP cost shown at all.