'Head Tracking' (like the mod for Skyrim that has over 27,000 endorsemnts))

Nebrule

I don't think anyone has addressed 'head tracking' yet and we desperately need it in FO4!

'Head Tracking' (such as in this popualr mod for skyrim by Maegfaer...with nearly 30,000 endorsements :blink:)

Here's the description from that mod and what it's all about...

This mod enables headtracking for the player. Your character will face other actors similar to the NPC's in the game. Your character will first prioritize actors who are currently in dialogue with you, then actors who are currently talking to any other NPC, then actors who are straightest in front of your character. After a while your character may become disinterested in certain actors and stop headtracking them unless they are straight in front of your character. Your character can become interested in them again if they start talking or change their AI package.

Since 2.3 your character will have different facial expressions depending on the actors RelationshipRank towards the player. Note that some actors don't have a RelationshipRank towards the player while they should have (like Serana)! For instructions how to customize facial expressions per actor, see the Customization section.

This was all done without the need for SKSE (script extender).

...This is a game changer as far a immersion goes and worked pretty flawlessly in Skyrim. Walking through the streets or down the roads, passing NPCs and most importantly the palyers character will naturally turn their heads and look in the direction of one another, like in reality. I think this was done on a general proximity basis. It does wonders for 3rd person casual interactions and conversations.

I also noticed, at least in my Skyrim save, that my player would also look in the general direction of many items where an interaction was possible. This did a lot for my play troughs, because there were times in which I simply noticed my character kept looking in one particular direction, this lead to many discoveries I may have not noticed, such as chests, unlooted corpses, switches, harvestable plants and most importantly dangerous lurking animals and enemies. (I can't remember if it applied to all of these but it did for most. I'll confirm and edit if need be.)

Again FO4 really needs this one, 27,687 endorsements can't be wrong.

Edited by Nebrule

Negatory there Joshuahoeth, this is not already in the game, at least not nearly to the degree or quality that it is through the mod mentioned above. What little there is, isn't even comparable or worth mentioning. And yes, this deserves a mod because if a game over 4 years old now, running on the same engine can do it, we have no excuse but to match or improve upon it.

actually it is, in fact it's the same animation as Skyrim

http://imgur.com/iKXlyA8

Yeah, I see what you're saying FO4 defiantly has the NPC head tracking down.... but the not the player. And that's what the mod for Skyrim (Player Head Tracking) was about.

Edited by Nebrule

It's not the same bro, that's either just an idle animation or you're engaing in converation yourself. This is for live action, general, non-engagable dialog. What this mod does is track the players head to any NPC/creature/action within a wide proximity the entire time, not just the NPC you have choosen to engage in conversation with.

You can walk through Dugout and have lots of npc's casually confront your character with general dialog (not action-able dialog) and regaurdless of wether you're wallking, or even stop to listen to what they have to say, your character will continue to stare off into whatever direction they we're orientated towards. This is universal across F04, Try it, walk past a guard or anyone who stops to engage in general banter with your character, you character will appear to not give a crap, unless you turn them to face the NPC yourself. This is also true for followers and companions.

It's cool if you don't see it or if you're fine with the way it is, but whatever it is you're seeing is nowhere near to the quality or degree that that this mod would take it. Some folks think the vanilla textures are perfectly fine, I'm not gonna go into a Mod Request thread and find someone asking for high reolution textures and tell them... 'we don't need that, it's fine the way it is.'

Edited by Nebrule