• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

popalazarou

popalazarou

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

hi, when i try to start nmm it says im missing fallout4.esm. I have verified my files.  I moved the fallout 4.esm to the steam downloading/665666  folder and now it starts how come i have to copy that file over.  Is nmm going to work correctly if i do this.  How come it asks for4 that file???. is it normal??

thanks for any help. btw i have fo4 installed on my c drive for performance, main steam folders are on a mechanical drive, didnt affect witcher 3 or and other games i use that are on this steam directory.  My witcher 3 mods work fine

KunoMochi

KunoMochi

Unashamed food junky

• Premium Member
  • 2,031 posts

When NMM scanned for Fallout 4, did it see the proper location for the game?

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,081 posts

Are you sure you selected the correct path during the game scan?

popalazarou

popalazarou

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Yes I selected it myself. I have my main steam folder on another drive and use a steam library folder on c for new speedier performance for newer games like f4 and witcher 3. C is a sammy pro. I adde fallout.esm to the downloading folder and nmm runs but doesn't install mods. I'm still doing them manually

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,081 posts

I don't think that is the correct folder. It should be located in steamapps/common/fallout 4 .

popalazarou

popalazarou

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

ok, i installed nmm and it didnt find fallout 4.  I manually selected it from its main folder which for me is C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4.  i restarted nmm and it said i was missing a file fallout 4.esm.  It said the file should be in the C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\downloading\377160\Data.  I copied the file over to that folder and now it starts but the game doesnt use the mods. i can download and activate mods, but they dont work in game

Edited by popalazarou, 05 December 2015 - 08:50 PM.

timtooltime

timtooltime

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

not sure where to ask but im having problem running nexus it keeps telling me that there is a missing file fallout4.esm told me to check its there not sure what else to do please help very new to this moding and this program and how it  works ive watch a few video but no help anyone please help 

Edited by timtooltime, 09 December 2015 - 08:55 PM.

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,081 posts

It means you're selecting the wrong F4 folder.

popalazarou

popalazarou

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

It means you're selecting the wrong F4 folder.

if i select the right one it says fallout.esm is missing

Edited by popalazarou, 13 December 2015 - 06:40 PM.

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,081 posts

Which folder are you selecting?

Page loaded in: 0.696 seconds