• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

DJFlash16

DJFlash16

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

It means you're selecting the wrong F4 folder.

no, i got the same issue. i tried both the direct map where fallout4.esm is (data inside of fallout 4) and the fallout 4 map which is the normal one.

it can't detect it. didn't had this issues on W10, but i do on the same pc using W7 (i downgraded) after re-installing the game. the game is complete and functions fine.

i am re-installing NNM hoping that's the issue.

DJFlash16

DJFlash16

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

okay, so i removed every trace of NMM and re-installed it.

now it works fine.

mrnotnice

mrnotnice

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Yea I just did the same and it works fine now

cervo86

cervo86

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

How do you select the right folder?

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,081 posts

How do you select the right folder?

Best way to do it:

Uninstall NMM removing config files when asked, then reinstall it and make sure to select the previous Install Info and Mods folders (to restore your mods list and install settings).

Liacious

Liacious

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I had the Exact same Problem, My Fallout 4 was in my (D) Drive, but nexus kept saying I was missing files in the © Drive, Annoyed me cause I don't want games on my SSD Drive, But I solved it by Going to the actual NMM File, and then opened it as Administrator, and it worked just fine.

clifftheripper5

clifftheripper5

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 179 posts

Go into steam, right click fallout 4 and go to the local files tab and verify integrity of the game cache and when it's done with the files go open nmm back up and it should open when you select Fallout 4.

SGUEPEEKR

SGUEPEEKR

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I had the same issue instead of reinstalling the NMM I removed the downloading folder (seems to default even though the correct path was selected) than re-scanned for the game seems to be running perfectly, for me anyway.

K9andSmith

K9andSmith

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

I tried clifftheripper5's fix and it didn't take. I was able to find the file in question in my Steam apps commons folder but now I am out of ideas. Should I move the whole fallout4 file over to the downloading file that the NMM thinks it should be in or should I try to change the manager instead?

Thegreathakaman

Thegreathakaman

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

You realize, there isn't only just one single problem it could be. There is always more problems, people just don't always know of them. I myself know for a face i've selected the correct f4 folder. I have checked inside it to make sure the esm was where it needed to be aswell. Please stop saying it's the wrong folder, nmm is obviously bugged.

Page loaded in: 0.726 seconds