• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

ObliterateKids

ObliterateKids

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

ok, i installed nmm and it didnt find fallout 4.  I manually selected it from its main folder which for me is C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4.  i restarted nmm and it said i was missing a file fallout 4.esm.  It said the file should be in the C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\downloading\377160\Data.  I copied the file over to that folder and now it starts but the game doesnt use the mods. i can download and activate mods, but they dont work in game

Did you try manually putting the mod files into the fallout 4 data folder.

Ryuseimaru

Ryuseimaru

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

It seems that this problem comes up after installing or moving the Fallout files into a differnt location.
NMM doesn't seem to like that, it'll keep trying to go to the old install folder, no matter how many times you select the new one in the Game Scan screen.

The easiest to fix this is to go into your Nexus Mod Manager Folder and delete the Fallout 4 folder.

You might have to redownload all your mods, but this is just a quick and easy fix, I'm sure there are people that can find a more convienient solution.

StanleyNAZhu

StanleyNAZhu

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I had the same problem and I found the solution. So what happened was that there were 2 Data folders and NMM was searching for the wrong one. What you need to do is

1. Find your Data folder with the file  

2. Copy the Fallout4.esm file

3. Check the path that NMM says the file is missing from

4. Go where it says the file is missing

5. Paste the file into the other Data folder or make another Data folder if it's missing.

This worked for me, but if you're actually missing the file, here's the link to mine:

Link removed. Do not redistribute copyright material - TVD.

Just download that and follow steps 3-5.

tomkat51

tomkat51

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

nmm is saing that fallout4.esm is missing and i just cant find the folder please help

Fukkinusernames

Fukkinusernames

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
When i took out one of the failed mods frm nmm it killed my fallout.esm an game would run either through nmm or the launcher.
First time i installed ru556 it worked with a code push
But no sound tht was nmm not copying all files' it does it in all folders' if 556 is missing files in nmm it'll be same in data today i discovered tht the virtual folder was missing files tht were everywhere else.
My current prob is meshes are a mess now with 556 as mag appears through stock and my character is holding it two handed but only by pistol grip i change to lazer weapon its fine.
Since ive had to restart again im thinking of dropping nmm completely as no its decided it cant find .esm for Armorsmith -ru556-legendary overhaul.the thing is ive redownloaded these mods an theres no .esm in any of the folders above

RavenHolm369

RavenHolm369

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I think I found a solution to the problem where its saying there is no fallout 4.esm file I just opened the folder where Fallout 4.Esm should have been and opened my skyrim NMM then closed out of it Opened NMM with Admin then went into Fallout and it now is open and working i dont get logic XD

WarriorOfFaith

WarriorOfFaith

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Had the same problem today suddenly. Removing Fallout from the download section of steam (cleared finished download) and restarting steam did the trick.

DLRealTalk

DLRealTalk

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

He is selecting the right folder, nnm is rerouting to \downloading, I am having the same problem of selecting \common and it Q_Q'n about it not being in the \downloading folder. GG Nexus.

WKDriders

WKDriders

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

been having the same problem but i need help asap, can someone discord me (my discord: TDNxBlAzE(hashtag)6955

Edited by WKDriders, 16 September 2018 - 08:12 PM.

SaltySlav69

SaltySlav69

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

uuuuhhhh my fallout isn't lanching and nmm is saying fallout4.esm isn't present but when I check the folder it is there. Help?

Page loaded in: 0.712 seconds