Built in Power Armor Weaponry

PyroPirate

I remember when the game was first announced, we saw the neat trailer of the power armor customization and somehow it got in my head that there could be an arm piece, and that arm piece would be less arm and more weapon. We now obviously know that is not the case, but I've still had it in the back of my mind ever since then..

The dream would be to equip the arm at a power armor station and have it function as a weapon. For ease of imagination's sake, we'll say this weapon is a minigun. I figure it would be slung under the existing arm, not replacing the forearm as that would be silly. Well, more silly than this concept at least. The tricky part would be having the equipped arm be read by the game as also being an equipped weapon. Past that, the weapon would function as an equivalent weapon already in the game, so that shouldn't be too difficult.

Once a proof of concept is done, it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to implement things like power armor power fists and the like.

An alternative to having an equipped arm could be a weapon that can only be equipped while wearing power armor. This would still retain a very similar functionality.

I reckon this is a great idea...!

I'd love to see a wrist rocket launcher (like iron man or even Boba Fett) you could fire as a special attack... But thats just me a dreaming : )

Just a wee little rocket that does the same sort of damage as a frag grenade or something...

Edited by n13320

there is a legendary arm weapon piece for power armor its a raider arm I think the names Trixie or triss something so they were definatly thinking of it its a melee weapon akin to a power fist tho

Its called Tessas fist, but the mod is rusty knuckles it adds bleeding damage to unarmed attacks in PA

i was thinking the same thing, like adding a upgrade to your arms and made them equip your weapon of choice with better stats, reduced recoil, better firerate, shorter reload.

i also was thinking on something like a shoulder mounted granade launcher, concidering it got deleted from this game, the granade launcher was one of my all time favorites... and throwing a granade while using power armor feels like meh, it doesnt increase throwing range, doesnt reduce the ark, no nothing... it makes the power armor feel like... just a stronger armor, but not exactly a power armor... it doesnt have that much of a power like feeling, the only upgrade i KINDA liked its the jetpack... i like the game so much but it feels like it lacks a crapton of content compared to other bethesda games, i know they will bring some good stuffs with DLCS but as of now it feels lacking...