Enable Adult Content Not Working?

dylanisaschmuck

I just made my Nexus account and was trying to get a new character model for Skyrim. This one has "adult content" and I have gone to my account where I can change it from "block adult content" to allow it. I do go down to the bottom and click the submit button, and it sends me to a page that says my preferences were updated. This is not true however; If I go back to my edit preferences it still says adult content is blocked.

I'm fairly certain I'm not under 18 (this is sarcasm, I'm 23), and I don't think I ever put an age down.

How do I get past this problem to let the change be permanent?

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As this is not the place for it, you all may wish to actually post it in the main site of feedback, suggestion and questions.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/117-feedback-suggestions-and-questions/

This is a thread for new people say hello, not to get help.

That being said is two places you should check. On the file side under your name on the top right, drop down menu to edit preferences (as I believe is mentioned above) go down to the allow adult content and then submit. Make sure to wait until it says it was changed before you leave the page.

Another issue is if you go under your name again is a line "block content" which are tags you can disable/enable to block stuff you don't want to see. Make sure nothing adult is marked there either. Give it some time to update as it is busy right now.

If none of these work I would turn in a bug ticket to get help(keeping in mind this is a BIG holiday weekend and things aren't going to happen in a fast rate.)

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Click on your user name to view your profile. On the left side, you should see a link for "nexus profile", click on that. On your nexus profile, click on the gear icon in the upper left, scroll down to "Global preferences" and click the hole for "show adult content". Should be all set. If not, post in the forum suggestions and feedback forum for assistance from the folks that actually run the show here.

You know, you can also "link" to these sections of the file sites: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/myaccount

From there it's a piece of cake, following the detailed step-by-step instructions of the previous posters.

If it "doesn't" work though, then it's a problem with your preferences not sticking or something else. And this, as also already told, should be reported elsewhere, like in the site bug reports or by contacting one of the Community Managers. And yes, as Lisnpuppy said 3 years ago, this is the wrong place for help requests like that, they'll be easier spotted over where she linked you to.

• 2 months later...

went to global preferences, found nothing.

used page search with all parts expanded, found nothing.

went over it several times more, found nothing

where is it again ?

EDIT: page search "content", it is now in it own tab apart from global preferences

Edited by dadoberive

went to global preferences, found nothing.

used page search with all parts expanded, found nothing.

went over it several times more, found nothing

where is it again ?

EDIT: page search "content", it is now in it own tab apart from global preferences

At the top of this page is "Nexus Mods", left click on it. You will be taken to the Nexus Mods opening page. At the top right of the page is your avatar with a gear wheel next to it.

This is the settings link. Left click on the gear and you will be take you your settings page. Look for the tab "Content Blocking" and left click on it.

It will open the page where you can set content to be blocked. The very first item is Adult Content. Make sure you have not enabled "Hide adult content" and have enabled "Show adult content.