Character can't sprint

TakaraPRG

So...I've played many hours of the game with out issue. Today I accidentally deleted my character....don't ask.

ANYWAY I started a new character and I just got out of the vault. I was able to sprint but I loaded a game today and now I can't sprint. I run, I can toggle walk run....but I can't sprint where it used my APs.

I've tried remapping the keys to other things but it still doesn't work.

I did use the face ripper program that takes a face from one save and lets it apply it to another save. But I'm not sure if that did it. So does anyone know what might be going on?

EDIT

I loaded a previous save that I do still have...that character can sprint. They are still in Vault 111 my other save has no effects or anything that would slow them down.

EDIT -2

OK problem solved.....I quick traveled back to Vault 111 and upon load complete my char was able to sprint again. Odd bug.....*shrugs* Problem solved.

Im having this issue, it's second or third time already, don't remember how i fix latest times and what triggered, this last one look to be trigged when i check my pip-boy, by the way, on the time it occures i was also facing another bug, my objective markers was not appearing on compass or screen, only on pip-boy map (thats why i checked pip-boy and got stuck on can't sprint bug)

Edit1: Well, it look like fast travel fix it :thumbsup: odd bug

Edit2: Man, fast travel works, but this bug is getting more frequent over the time, is getting really annoying..., any permanent fix?

Edited by KazSei

• 4 weeks later...

Same problem.

Some things I've noticed though:

1) If you enter deep enough water, that if you were in power armor would cause the slow movement animation, exiting the water allows sprinting again.

2) Some areas in the world appear to be no sprinting zones for some reason. Like in some areas of Sanctuary, I couldn't sprint, but the moment I entered a house, I could sprint again. And the moment I left that house, I couldn't sprint again. It might be that you entered one of these no sprinting zones, though why there are these zones I'm not sure.

3) I've only noticed the issue when I had mods active. When I run a pure vanilla game, like I did with my first playthough, I NEVER encountered this issue. But after getting several mods to be active now, I'm running into this sprinting bug. However, none of my mods directly modifies the sprinting ability. The one that "may" be the culprit is Zephyr's Power Armor mod, as I generally am wandering around in Power Armor with Overdrive Servos, that may be bugging out as they are in a slot that they normally aren't supposed to be in, but even I think that is silly.

4) If I can't sprint in Power Armor, exiting the Power Armor prevents me from sprinting without Power Armor on.

5) I'm never overburdened, I'm carrying less than 50% of my maximum at all times while testing this. All my limbs are at 100%. My AP is at 100%. I have no idea, gameplay mechanic wise, why I cannot sprint during these weird instances.

6) I killed an enemy and for some reason that allowed me to sprint again. Very odd.

7) Using my Jetpack on the power armor to deplete my AP doesn't seem to fix the sprinting issue.

Hope some of this is helpful.

EDIT: Sometimes fast travelling fixes the issue. Other times I have to fast travel, and then "jog" (ie auto-run but not sprint) away from the area to get sprinting back.

Edited by doomknightofchaos

I've heard people relating this to the Scrap Scrap mod that lets you scrap the stuff around sanctuary. I can't confirm or deny this but I've seen several people seem to have tracked that down. So how many other people having this issue have that mod installed? I know I do.

And yes I've noticed a few places around that stop me from running. Generally they seem to be around settlements. I've found a few no run zones, the major offender is the very center of Sanctuary.

Interesting. I have a mod called Scrap Everything active that does just that, scraps pretty much everything including the roads, grass, bushes, and other things that normally couldn't be scrapped. I wonder if it suffers from the same problems as Scrap Scrap mod.

I also agree that the no run zones do seem to be around settlements. I encountered them in Sanctuary, Spectacle Island (if you haven't been here I aint spoiling it), Red Rocket Gas Station (where you meet dogmeat), and in some places in the Castle.

I asked about this in the steam forums and found a solution:

Under the [gameplay] section in fallout4.ini (if there is no [gameplay] section there, add it)

add the following line:

fPlayerDisableSprintingLoadingCellDistance=0

Hopefully this works for all of you too