Character can't sprint

TakaraPRG

Im using the Spring Cleaning mod that is similar to the Scrap Scrap (I believe) and am suffering the same symptoms. Mind you mine seem more frequent. I get no sprint zones in almost all of my settlements. Im brand new to the Fallout franchise as well as modding, so if anyone could let me know if disabling this Spring Cleaning mod after I have scrapped so much stuff and collected those resources from them will mess up my game at all thatd be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I asked about this in the steam forums and found a solution:

Under the [gameplay] section in fallout4.ini (if there is no [gameplay] section there, add it)

add the following line:

fPlayerDisableSprintingLoadingCellDistance=0

Hopefully this works for all of you too

Praise this man. Worked for me too! Thanks so much

Under the [gameplay] section in fallout4.ini (if there is no [gameplay] section there, add it)

add the following line:

This seems to have worked for me, hopefully it stays fixed! Thank you!

add the following line:

This worked like a charm! Thanks

Same problem.

Some things I've noticed though:

1) If you enter deep enough water, that if you were in power armor would cause the slow movement animation, exiting the water allows sprinting again.

2) Some areas in the world appear to be no sprinting zones for some reason. Like in some areas of Sanctuary, I couldn't sprint, but the moment I entered a house, I could sprint again. And the moment I left that house, I couldn't sprint again. It might be that you entered one of these no sprinting zones, though why there are these zones I'm not sure.

3) I've only noticed the issue when I had mods active. When I run a pure vanilla game, like I did with my first playthough, I NEVER encountered this issue. But after getting several mods to be active now, I'm running into this sprinting bug. However, none of my mods directly modifies the sprinting ability. The one that "may" be the culprit is Zephyr's Power Armor mod, as I generally am wandering around in Power Armor with Overdrive Servos, that may be bugging out as they are in a slot that they normally aren't supposed to be in, but even I think that is silly.

4) If I can't sprint in Power Armor, exiting the Power Armor prevents me from sprinting without Power Armor on.

5) I'm never overburdened, I'm carrying less than 50% of my maximum at all times while testing this. All my limbs are at 100%. My AP is at 100%. I have no idea, gameplay mechanic wise, why I cannot sprint during these weird instances.

6) I killed an enemy and for some reason that allowed me to sprint again. Very odd.

7) Using my Jetpack on the power armor to deplete my AP doesn't seem to fix the sprinting issue.

Hope some of this is helpful.

EDIT: Sometimes fast travelling fixes the issue. Other times I have to fast travel, and then "jog" (ie auto-run but not sprint) away from the area to get sprinting back.

Edited by jc00ley

add the following line:

You are the man. I've been dealing with this issue forever, and this fixed it. Thank you so much.

• 2 weeks later...