NMM warning on FO4 "unable to retrieve data"

Tribalon

Hello everybody,

I recently downloaded and installed a few mods for Fallout 4 via NMM, but it keeps telling me the ini files are not prepped properly yet:

Unable to retrieve data from ini files, please report this issue on the NNM forums...

I have modified the two .ini files according to the description in the Nexus forum and the data has been added. As a result my Fallout 4 keeps completely unmodded. Is there anybody who got an idea what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers

Tribalon

Hello everybody,

I recently downloaded and installed a few mods for Fallout 4 via NMM, but it keeps telling me the ini files are not prepped properly yet:

Unable to retrieve data from ini files, please report this issue on the NNM forums...

I have modified the two .ini files according to the description in the Nexus forum and the data has been added. As a result my Fallout 4 keeps completely unmodded. Is there anybody who got an idea what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers

Tribalon

Just fixed mine forgot to edit the ini folder.

Did you make sure to edit \Documents\My Games\Fallout4\fallout.ini

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS

to

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\

• 1 month later...

to

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\

Hooray, I found it finally! Don't know why, but my computer refused to find the requested files by search, now I did it.

Thanks alot!!!

Regards

Tribalon

Edited by Tribalon

to

Hooray, I found it finally! Don't know why, but my computer refused to find the requested files by search, now I did it.

Thanks a lot!!!

Regards

Tribalon

BE WARNED!!!

to

this edit is apprently OUTDATED, though i personaly do still use it it apprently causes long load times and blah blah, JUST A WARNING...

BE WARNED!!!

to

this edit is apprently OUTDATED, though i personaly do still use it it apprently causes long load times and blah blah, JUST A WARNING...

Yeah, NMM gave me that too, but I did not encounter any annoying loading times yet, so I think I can just leave it this way...

Thx.