"Lookup Failed" Error.

Eupraxia

So I recently went to Doc Crocker in Diamond City for some facial reconstruction, when I navigated to the "extras" menu there were only "lookup failed" messages instead of make-up, blemishes etc.

Anyone know how to fix this? Tried to validate via Steam but no results.

just wondering if anyone found out what caused this? I've got quite a few mods running so if someone has already sourced the issue it would save a lot of time.

Has anybody found fix for this? It went away after reinstalling game but it appeared again when i reinstalled mods.. It must be caused by one of them.

EDIT:

I narrowed suspected mods to:

WET

Customize Legendary Spawning

Better Item Sorting

I bet its caused by BIS mod.

EDIT2: Reinstalled my game for the 3rd time but without BIS mod - it works.

Edited by TirithPL

• 1 month later...

Has anybody found fix for this? It went away after reinstalling game but it appeared again when i reinstalled mods.. It must be caused by one of them.

EDIT:

I narrowed suspected mods to:

WET

Customize Legendary Spawning

Better Item Sorting

I bet its caused by BIS mod.

EDIT2: Reinstalled my game for the 3rd time but without BIS mod - it works.

Which BIS plugin version were you using? Strings or .esp?

Edit: I had BIS strings version I uninstalled and switched to Valdacil's and working fine now.

Edited by Meta47UP

• 1 month later...

i don't have BIS installed but i did install WET i am now going to remove it and hope it fixes the lookup failed issue

Edit: Wasn't WET causing it so i am installing Valdacil's item sorting see if that fixes my issue

Edited by Drysyn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Do not download a file off of a youtube video it might not be compatible with your game and there's always the chance of it having malicious files in it. Besides, those files are technically illegal and against the terms of service.

I actually know how to solve this because this exact thing happened to me. It's caused by issues with the strings folder

Backup and delete your fallout4.ini fallout4custom fallout4 prefs, fallout 4 launcher and the strings folder in fallout4/data

Now go to fallout4/data/strings back it up and delete it.

Then open your steam library, right click on fallout 4 and hit "properties" then the "local files" tab. under there, select "verify integrity of game cache"

Then when it's done, see if that helped. If it didn't, try the above again, this time delete fallout4.esm AND the RobotsDLC.esm if you have it. Then, verify again through steam.

This Lookup failed issue is particularly vexing

I'm getting lookup failed! on the names of the newer settlement placeable items.

I followed the advice in seekingthesun's post above. It worked.

But as soon as I re-installed my mods it came back.

I'm not using BIS, am using AWKCR

Just FYI.

Edited by zalalyse