Heavy Traffic ×

I can't dismiss Strong so now I have 2 companions

Erratum

Hi guys, I have a problem with Strong. He won't stop following me after I dismiss him.

I hired him for a fun trip into the Brotherhood' HQ. Later, back home, I traded him for Piper. But he's still following (annoying) me. I also tried to dismiss him the usual way, through dialogue, send him to another place, hire other followers, with no more luck.

It's fun to have two companion, unless one of them is Strong. Please help me or I'll eat you all !

I play on PC, no mods. Thanks.

I had this problem but with Cait, for me I fixed it by completing a quest which seems to have bugged out her AI routines.

Turn in your active quests (especially script-heavy ones like main quests) and see if it fixes it.

Edited by Jackal2233

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much. This worked for me, too. I had

Preston

stuck with me after completing

Rocket's Red Glare

, where

Deacon

comes along as a temporary companion. I didn't turn it in by talking to

Desdemona

, thinking I'd do some side quests first. I went back to

Sanctuary with Preston

to trade him out for

Cait

, but when I tried I ended up with 2 companions. I tried every console command possible, but he wouldn't leave me alone. (I had just romanced him, and he kept saying creepy things like

"I'll never leave your side, as long as you'll have me."

) Finally, I stumbled across this post, went back to turn in my main quest line quest, and bam. He was finally gone. Needless to say, we're breaking up. (If that's even possible. Otherwise, I'll just avoid him.)