Nuclear apocalypse in real life.

BloXboX

If you live near a natural phenomena, I forget what it is called, but essentially due to the landscape it creates a sort of natural barrier against rain and snow clouds, as well as ash plumes. I do know there is one near me, and I know that the town of Chico, CA is in one. But if you can survive the initial bombs, and get to an area like that, you would GREATLY increase your chances of survival.

It would be hard for you to not survive if you live far away from any targets, and you are prepared.

I am pretty much completely surrounded by mountains were I live, I could go outside and look all around and see nothing but mountains right now.

The closest target from where I live is LA I think, and that's pretty far away from where I live.

The radiation from the fallout of a nuclear bomb dies down after about a day due to the extreme energy.

If you live far away from any target, have supplies, can find a good spot like a mountain, and you know what to do without relying on other people you will be fine IMO.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't done much stocking yet, but I have a plan I believe is solid.

You see, I live in the middle(well, not at the exact spot) of a city. So there are shops for EVERYTHING near where my home is. There is a diving store practically next door. My plan is to go there, while everyone else is busy scavenging for food and real weapons, and steal a harpoon gun. After living on my own supplies, I will go to a hunting store not so near(well, it's not exactly a hunting store but has bows, arrows and crossbows), and salvage whatever weapon I can. Then the looting for food begins, with half of the city population already gone somewhere or died.

I live on the fourth floor of a cement building, so shelter from danger is not an issue. Nothing can climb 4 floors or break a solid steal door.

This plan, as you can guess is of course in case my family is already dead or the apocalypse is not nuclear. Otherwise, I'm as good as dead(parents bring you down, and I don't have the cold heart to kill mine).

Edited by eLucifer

• 7 months later...

I would die because I live about a half an hour from Philadelphia and about 20 minutes from Fort Dix so...

You and everyone else thats posted on here save marharth and myself.

Live in a bunker: DEAD

Raid nearby building: DEAD

Scavenge a water purifier: DEAD

Think its necessary to kill people: DEAD

Other assorted imaginary ideas about nuclear attack: DEAD

Edited by ModelV