Heavy Traffic ×

An actual NCR Salvage Power Armor

ThatGuyFromOsaka

I love the NCR Salvage Armor.
It is in my opinion one of the coolest looking Suits of "Power" Armor in the game... Problem is... It is not Powered... at all... which sucks and which is exactly the reason I never use it: A Brotherhood T51b Armor is better in any way, shape or form and can be found just laying around outside of Blackmountain, ready for the taking. I played to get the Salvage armor, It looks awsome, but there is absolutly no reason to use it because it's terrible in any other regard than looks...
I can Understand that lorewise, they stripped it of all the components that would actually power it... thou I think It doesn't make sense.
I mean, that Suit is heavy, way to heavy in fact. There is a reason they build Servomotors into all the joints... because you couldn't move without them.

That really is a piece of mind. Anyways. I wish there was a simple mod that basicly takes the programming of the T45d Armor and replaces the modell with the NCR Salvage Armor... and Of Course make it a NCR Faction Armor and not a Brotherhood or Factionless Armor (Obviously).
I have no clue when it comes to creating mods myself, but I really want that armor. It doesn't even need to be a stand-alone. If it would just replace the standard NCR Salvage Armor, I'd be happy with it... Come to think of it, a replacer would probably work better in tandam with Mods that replace Armor-Modells (For custom bodytypes and the likes)... but what do I know.

I just want to finally find use for my favorite Powerarmor. I think there are at least some people that want that since there are mods to replace the salvage armor with the standard T45d, only with different textures... but I think thats just a waste.

The servomotors are meant to move the armor with ease, they don't support the weight of the suit. When they're stripped out it means that when the wearer moves around in the suit they're using their strength to move the legs and arms, but not supporting the whole weight of the entire suit.

so... what you wnat, i'ts just a t51b, with a salvaged armor model, and with NCR faction?
if that's it, i think i might be able to do it

I don't have anything to do rigth now, so ill start making it
if you have something to say, PM me

so... what you wnat, i'ts just a t51b, with a salvaged armor model, and with NCR faction?

Wow, thank You. That was fast.

Alright, I'll PM you if something pops up.

uhm, question, you want it to have the exact same stats as a T51b?

rigth?

uhm, question, you want it to have the exact same stats as a T51b?

rigth?

Uhm... basicly...

I said T45d because that the modell the salvaged is build from, I always thought that giving a -2 penalty on agility is just dumb for power armor (it's twice as dumb if you consider that the same suit of armor without the servos gives you the same penalty)...

So basicly, yes. T51b.

But it's alright. If you want to go the extra mile, you can adapt the stats to resemble the original Salvaged Armor mor (20 DT instead of 25 DT). The only important bit is that it is powered again (meaning that it gives +STR and has Rad-Resistance).

What ever you feel more comfortable with.