Does PatcherGUI enable loading of Defaultmaps.ini?

ViperCanel

Hi, PatcherGUI mentions enabling direct ini loading from the configs folder but does it include all inis there? I am particularly interested in using Xcom map patches which has a modified "defaultmaps.ini." I am curious because only "defaulgamecore" and "defaultloadouts" are mentioned in the readme file.

As is explained (though admittedly it's a bit buried) in the "Basic Guide to installing mods" wiki article section on "Enabling INI loading", this is only needed for three "Default" INI files the EXE explicitly prevents loading: DGC, Loadouts, and MPGame. All others are normally loaded. As virtually nothing has been modded for Multiplayer, that tends to get overlooked; and in the case of PatcherGUI I believe it was deliberately left out as outside of the scope of the mod.

So the answer to your specific question about "defaultmaps.ini" is "No", but you don't need to worry. XCOM will load your modified INI file just fine.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

Thank you very much for your thorough explanation. This question was killing me. Because in every Xcom modding related information enabling ini loading is continuously stressed as a step to be taken for modding the game, I got the impression that all config files are read from an internal resource, and the three files are explicitly mentioned only because they are the most important ones. While the explanation is pretty good and clear there, a short statement regarding other files loading without any modifications would be good for people like me who has to be double sure. Well double is an understatement. I learned a lot from those guides regarding my other curiousities such as "phoning home."

I wanted to tell you something by the way. Last night I came across a workaround for hologlobe rotation on the DIY page. I just wanted to share with you there is no need for a workaround as the bug has already been fixed by Amineri and shared by wghost81 on here, which re-enables the use of mouse.