Resolution other than 1080p creates green-pixel noise

Infinitoa

Hello forum!

I turn to this forum in the hopes that someone might help me with a game-breaking bug.

I have a rather weird issue with Fallout 4 at the moment, where whenever I change the resolution to anything other than 720p or 1080p, I get green pixels on texture surfaces that flicker in and out, which is especially noticeable on bright surfaces.

I wanted to include screenshots so you can see this, but upon inspecting the screenshots I took, they were completely fine and the problem was not visible at all.(Which might suggest an issue not related to the game itself)

The only way I can describe this is, imagine the static noise TV's used to make when not tuned to a channel, and apply that as green pixels on texture surfaces in-game. It's very much unplayable.

Now, I have had this issue on launch, and played on 1080p for a while. After I upgraded the nVidia driver to 359.00, I tried again, and the bug was seemingly gone.

I played for about 40 hours, and then one day that bug suddenly reappeared and forced me to go back to 1080p.

Updating to the latest driver yet again (359.06) didn't solve it, and doing a fresh install of the driver did nothing either.

I spent hours trying to research this problem, but it seems I'm the only one having this/describing this problem anywhere. So I'm turning to the wisdom of the forum folk for help, to try and find the cause of this.

Here are some of my system specs if needed:

Phenom II x4 920 (2,8GHz)

8GB DDR2 800 (4x2)

EVGA GTX 550 Ti

EVO 120GB SSD

I am aware that my PC barely meets the minimum for the game, but with lots of tweaking the ini and compromising on some eye candy I can run it just above a smooth 30fps.

And this is also why I want the 900p resolution to work again, as I get a much better performance at the cost of only a few pixels that are barely noticeable.

Also, this doesn't look like any mod related issue, as this happens in both vanilla, and modded setup.

Sorry for the long post, I hope someone has some suggestions I could try out, as I have tried everything I could think of, to no avail =)

Greetings, Infi